Looking for advice on a current situation I’m 30f

I was with my ex for 6 and half years. Over time, some white lies built up on both sides due to communication issues and I left him (35,m at the time now 36 yrs old)

It’s been 9-10 months now and I’m now in a relationship with 31 year old. He’s great and a lot of communication and honesty which I never had before.

Now as I’ve been with him a couple months, I’ve been thinking of all the stuff my ex and I enjoyed together and how different my current bf and I are on other things that don’t involve just relationship like hobbies but that was also an issue for my last relationship.

I am wondering if I’m longing for my ex is just me grieving in a way or if now that with someone else I see what I liked about him? I don’t want to drag this current relationship on if I am going to hurt the other person more but I truly do care about him and he’s very supportive and doesn’t deserve to be dragged on but I also don’t want to leave him on a whim of possibly stupid feelings.

Any advice?

Edit: I’m a INFP for Myers Briggs test and Pisces.

New BF (Sagittarius ENTP) Pros: -great communication -helps me achieve my goals -supportive -affectionate -good sex -open minded -completely honest about everything Cons: -borderline alcoholic -no common interests other than music -can be distant -very jealous and protective

Ex BF (Pisces, INTJ) Pros: -supportive -stable -sexually more satisfying in memory -more hobbies and interests in common
Cons: -lack of communication -previously disrespectful -can be very stagnant -doesn’t like traveling (which I do) -was not completely open or honest with him



Submitted May 15, 2019 at 04:33PM

I was with my ex for 6 and half years. Over time, some white lies built up on both sides due to communication issues and I left him (35,m at the time now 36 yrs old)It’s been 9-10 months now and I’m now in a relationship with 31 year old. He’s great and a lot of communication and honesty which I never had before.Now as I’ve been with him a couple months, I’ve been thinking of all the stuff my ex and I enjoyed together and how different my current bf and I are on other things that don’t involve just relationship like hobbies but that was also an issue for my last relationship.I am wondering if I’m longing for my ex is just me grieving in a way or if now that with someone else I see what I liked about him? I don’t want to drag this current relationship on if I am going to hurt the other person more but I truly do care about him and he’s very supportive and doesn’t deserve to be dragged on but I also don’t want to leave him on a whim of possibly stupid feelings.Any advice?Edit: I’m a INFP for Myers Briggs test and Pisces.New BF (Sagittarius ENTP) Pros: -great communication -helps me achieve my goals -supportive -affectionate -good sex -open minded -completely honest about everything Cons: -borderline alcoholic -no common interests other than music -can be distant -very jealous and protectiveEx BF (Pisces, INTJ) Pros: -supportive -stable -sexually more satisfying in memory -more hobbies and interests in commonCons: -lack of communication -previously disrespectful -can be very stagnant -doesn’t like traveling (which I do) -was not completely open or honest with him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.