A question for the happy overtexters out there

Why do you feel the need to be in touch all the time with someone you're dating?

I'm not a text person even when I like the guy, I feel the spark getting smaller and smaller when someone texts me all day long and I don't know what else to say at some point.

I try to let the other person know that I'm not an all--day-texter from the start because I am busy and I really enjoy to be disconnected for a couple of hours when I have the opportunity to do so but then I feel guilty to leave the other person hanging.

I know that the reward system of the brain lights up every time you see a text from that special someone and in this sub is a common topic, but I want to hear the other side of the story.

Thanks!



Submitted May 15, 2019 at 05:08AM

Why do you feel the need to be in touch all the time with someone you're dating?I'm not a text person even when I like the guy, I feel the spark getting smaller and smaller when someone texts me all day long and I don't know what else to say at some point.I try to let the other person know that I'm not an all--day-texter from the start because I am busy and I really enjoy to be disconnected for a couple of hours when I have the opportunity to do so but then I feel guilty to leave the other person hanging.I know that the reward system of the brain lights up every time you see a text from that special someone and in this sub is a common topic, but I want to hear the other side of the story.Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.