Challenging myself to be more loving to my husband

I can be pretty cold and pessimistic sometimes so I would like to compile a list of loving actions I can challenge myself to bring more warmth to the people in my life. I want to start first and foremost with my husband, but part of the idea is to start building habits that will spill out into the rest of my life as well.

Will you guys help me add to my “love is a verb” list? Here’s what I have so far:

  1. Express appreciation for a certain personality trait (his love language is words of affirmation, mine is touch, and I forget to be vocal about the things that make him feel special)

  2. Research an interest of his that I am not normally interested in

  3. Give him the booth side next time we eat at a restaurant table with a booth side and chair side

  4. Burgers and beer date

  5. Learn how to play super smash

  6. Leave love notes on post-it’s for him to find in the morning

  7. Meet him at the door and kiss him before he gets all the way in

  8. Look for the things he does that makes me appreciative and point them out

  9. Keep up with political news and ask him what he thinks of certain events

  10. Send him photos of things that remind me of him while I’m out by myself

  11. Write in a card some really specific ways he makes my life better.

  12. Make it clear with words how much I like the way he works, when he’s workin it. Rrr-rrr! 😂

  13. Watch his Instagram stories, damnit! even if you think IG is dumb

Edit: I will keep adding to the list as you guys submit them!



Submitted May 14, 2019 at 05:00AM

I can be pretty cold and pessimistic sometimes so I would like to compile a list of loving actions I can challenge myself to bring more warmth to the people in my life. I want to start first and foremost with my husband, but part of the idea is to start building habits that will spill out into the rest of my life as well.Will you guys help me add to my “love is a verb” list? Here’s what I have so far:Express appreciation for a certain personality trait (his love language is words of affirmation, mine is touch, and I forget to be vocal about the things that make him feel special)Research an interest of his that I am not normally interested inGive him the booth side next time we eat at a restaurant table with a booth side and chair sideBurgers and beer dateLearn how to play super smashLeave love notes on post-it’s for him to find in the morningMeet him at the door and kiss him before he gets all the way inLook for the things he does that makes me appreciative and point them outKeep up with political news and ask him what he thinks of certain eventsSend him photos of things that remind me of him while I’m out by myselfWrite in a card some really specific ways he makes my life better.Make it clear with words how much I like the way he works, when he’s workin it. Rrr-rrr! 😂Watch his Instagram stories, damnit! even if you think IG is dumbEdit: I will keep adding to the list as you guys submit them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.