What do you hate seeing on an OLD profile and why?

I'm kind of new to the online dating scene and the more time I spend on subs like this one and r/okcupid, the more I read about things people hate to see on profiles or things they consider red flags; I've found some of them to be surprising, some are amusing, others are puzzling.

Turns out I'm guilty of a couple; for example, hiking and camping are two of my favorite pastimes (and I do both frequently) but apparently that's "basic." I also went on a first date with a guy that said he almost swiped over me solely because I said I was "full of good vibes" in my profile and he thought that was really cliche.

So I got to thinking; what are some other things that you see in a profile that rub you the wrong way? Is it just the common ones that annoy you or do you have any unusual/unique ones to share?



Submitted April 10, 2019 at 05:26AM

I'm kind of new to the online dating scene and the more time I spend on subs like this one and r/okcupid, the more I read about things people hate to see on profiles or things they consider red flags; I've found some of them to be surprising, some are amusing, others are puzzling.Turns out I'm guilty of a couple; for example, hiking and camping are two of my favorite pastimes (and I do both frequently) but apparently that's "basic." I also went on a first date with a guy that said he almost swiped over me solely because I said I was "full of good vibes" in my profile and he thought that was really cliche.So I got to thinking; what are some other things that you see in a profile that rub you the wrong way? Is it just the common ones that annoy you or do you have any unusual/unique ones to share?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.