Tough situation. Daughter was sexually assaulted and it’s affecting my husband and I sexually.

My stepdaughter was sexually assaulted at age 5. We recently only found out about this she is now 15. Her mother decided not to report it to the police and cover it up because it was one of her boyfriends sons.

We got her in therapy once she told us and asked for help.

The problem is my husband and I don’t have a very active sex life. Maybe 1-3x/month average. This situation however has totally tanked us and we haven’t had sex in over a month.

He says everytime he thinks about it he pictures his little girl giving a blow job to this other kid (who was a teenager at the time)

I’m honestly heartbroken about the whole thing especially as an assault survivor myself but I’m worried that the further sexual alienation will hurt our marriage.

Has anyone else experienced something similar ? How do you move past it?



Submitted April 10, 2019 at 05:57AM

My stepdaughter was sexually assaulted at age 5. We recently only found out about this she is now 15. Her mother decided not to report it to the police and cover it up because it was one of her boyfriends sons.We got her in therapy once she told us and asked for help.The problem is my husband and I don’t have a very active sex life. Maybe 1-3x/month average. This situation however has totally tanked us and we haven’t had sex in over a month.He says everytime he thinks about it he pictures his little girl giving a blow job to this other kid (who was a teenager at the time)I’m honestly heartbroken about the whole thing especially as an assault survivor myself but I’m worried that the further sexual alienation will hurt our marriage.Has anyone else experienced something similar ? How do you move past it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.