New to the scene - need advice

31/M/TX

About to finalize divorce in 10 days (approaching 1 year anniversary of separation) and a myriad of complications make reconciliation seem impossible. The skinny is that I have main custody of my three kids (5 & under), solid job with stable income, have been working on myself through therapy and a recovery group. I do know that I won't have the potential partner meet the kids for awhile if it gets to that point. I also know I want to keep everything casual as logistical transitions are completed.

Can any of you kind souls recommend a proper way of how you communicate the parameters of your divorce without oversharing but also not without hiding anything when matching through OLD? My story really isn't all that complicated but typically if you say the wife left, then automatically there's gotta be a specific reason on that husband.

Also, how do you shake the OLD perception of single Dads being super needy? lol



Submitted May 06, 2019 at 07:51PM

31/M/TXAbout to finalize divorce in 10 days (approaching 1 year anniversary of separation) and a myriad of complications make reconciliation seem impossible. The skinny is that I have main custody of my three kids (5 & under), solid job with stable income, have been working on myself through therapy and a recovery group. I do know that I won't have the potential partner meet the kids for awhile if it gets to that point. I also know I want to keep everything casual as logistical transitions are completed.Can any of you kind souls recommend a proper way of how you communicate the parameters of your divorce without oversharing but also not without hiding anything when matching through OLD? My story really isn't all that complicated but typically if you say the wife left, then automatically there's gotta be a specific reason on that husband.Also, how do you shake the OLD perception of single Dads being super needy? lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.