Confused with L word he told me

We are both in thirties and we met each other through dating app an year ago.

I don’t know how to describe us “fwb” or “casual /open relationship”. We put each other on the first priority and keep dating others since both of us just got out of the long term relationship of 1 year..

Few weeks ago, I started to challenge myself “is this right to have fwb for over a year in the stage of my life?” I talked to him about this and we went to no contact for 2 weeks. No contact at all.

During 2 weeks, I tried to focus on my life (job, friends) but I realized I miss him. 2 weeks later, I reached out to him and we’re back to where we were.

I like him a lot. I’m always scared he’s dragging me along. I asked him during the weekend (after sex if it matters) in bed how much he likes me and his answer is

“I want to say I love you. I’ve been thinking of that these days”.

I don’t exactly what it means when he put “I want to say”. He talked about something else after for 30seconds and he told me the exact above sentences again.

I was very happy but surprised since he is always open about he doesn’t want to be in a relationship and he likes where he stands. I told him the next day for thanks for opening up and I was happy to hear that. We spent another whole day together.

But I’m still doubting him as always.. We are not even exclusive and “love” words came up first than exclusive talk.. And we’re still not talking about anything about our relationship. Also, I saw he got matching notification from dating app on his phone after he told me about L word.

Tldr;

After 2 weeks of breakup, is he trying hard to tag me along by faking L word? Are there any people who do that? I don’t know we’re on another stage of dating mate or he’s faking it :(



Submitted May 07, 2019 at 01:58AM

We are both in thirties and we met each other through dating app an year ago.I don’t know how to describe us “fwb” or “casual /open relationship”. We put each other on the first priority and keep dating others since both of us just got out of the long term relationship of 1 year..Few weeks ago, I started to challenge myself “is this right to have fwb for over a year in the stage of my life?” I talked to him about this and we went to no contact for 2 weeks. No contact at all.During 2 weeks, I tried to focus on my life (job, friends) but I realized I miss him. 2 weeks later, I reached out to him and we’re back to where we were.I like him a lot. I’m always scared he’s dragging me along. I asked him during the weekend (after sex if it matters) in bed how much he likes me and his answer is“I want to say I love you. I’ve been thinking of that these days”.I don’t exactly what it means when he put “I want to say”. He talked about something else after for 30seconds and he told me the exact above sentences again.I was very happy but surprised since he is always open about he doesn’t want to be in a relationship and he likes where he stands. I told him the next day for thanks for opening up and I was happy to hear that. We spent another whole day together.But I’m still doubting him as always.. We are not even exclusive and “love” words came up first than exclusive talk.. And we’re still not talking about anything about our relationship. Also, I saw he got matching notification from dating app on his phone after he told me about L word.Tldr;After 2 weeks of breakup, is he trying hard to tag me along by faking L word? Are there any people who do that? I don’t know we’re on another stage of dating mate or he’s faking it :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.