My (29f) girlfriend told me to remove her (27f) friend from Facebook who had added me (28m) after she became single. What should I have done?

Hello Reddit,

I hate asking you guys stuff but I was just curious if any of you had been through this type of thing.

My (29f) girlfriend started randomly picking fights with me to remove one of her friends (27f) from Facebook who had added me (28m). This friend of hers was someone who was with a guy for several years and ended up breaking up with him.

She would always wishwash back and forth between wanting to be with me and not wanting to be with me due to how far apart we live (an hour and a half). For the record, I work full-time and have been driving out there everytime I've had a couple days off for nearly a year. She also has kids (hers, not mine) which I have looked after, I've given her money to pay her rent because she was on EI for the longest while before working again for the summer and I've messaged her or called her pretty much every day since she'd get mad at me when I didn't.

Additionally when I wasnt looking after her kids I was driving her brother around who doesn't work, has been in jail for over 3 years and while he is an alright guy to hang with, he uses people as well as the rest of her family. I act like the taxi for the lot of them since a lot of them are on welfare and don't work. She also has been getting mad at me because she lives remotely and wants me to move out to where she is where there aren't any jobs (I've looked).

Anyway, so one of the times she broke up with me and told me it was because I "didn't care about her" because I hadn't left my job to be with her and lived far away and she wanted someone she could be with all the time. The irony of that statement being that the last boyfriend she had she left him because he did exactly that (ie didn't work and used up her resources).

So I feeling frustrated, was liking a bunch of her friends' posts and she noticed that I'd liked one of the quotes about strength that her friend had posted which I didn't anything about. I found out afterwards that this friend had broken up with her bf and my gf at the time lashed out at me for not blocking her. She then told me to delete her or she wouldn't get back together with me as she didn't like me with "hungry women". I didn't and we fought a bunch, but I told her if she really trusted me she'd let it go as I dont even live near this person, have never met them in real life (and still haven't) and that I wouldn't delete her as she's an indicator as to how much trust she has in me with regards to other women.

She let it go eventually, but not before bringing it up repeatedly. She also has admitted to me that she cheated the guy she had kids with with his best friend while they were together. I also found earlier in the relationship before this fight that she had been messaging guys every could of weeks through tinder after I checked her phone based on suspicious behaviour (I know you shouldn't do this, but I saw her recieve a "hey" from tinder one time whe she was playing on her phone next to me that appeared at the top of the screen). In one of the messages she was getting the number of a guy and talking about meeting up.

So a couple months later she goes to a party with her guy friends and tells me about it. I trust her, so I told her to have fun. She then tells me of a guy who asked to have sex with her and she said no because she has a boyfriend and he says "he doesn't have to know" and then calls me when drunk. I go to pick her up because I trust her despite me working the next night and I looked after her.

Then we broke up recently over her getting mad at me because I wanted romantic time with her away from her family who I'd been helping all weekend (I'll spare you the details) and says no. I pout a bit and she tells me to go home because I lay in bed and was just reflecting on shit rather than doing what she wanted and I was so fucking exhausted I just left rather than arguing about it.

She then was ghosting me for a while so, feeling a bit petty I liked this other girl's selfie (the friend of my gf); that's it. My gf flipped out, saying I didnt care about her, that she'd never do that to me, etc. and again said she didn't want me around hungry women. When she broke up with me she said she'd leave my stuff on the back porch out in the open uncovered.

I finally got pissed off and said "this is the final straw" and messaged her friend telling her that I had to unfriend her because her friend (they're not exactly close friends though) was accusing me of some of this stuff and that I wanted to prove a point so I had to unfriend her for a while.

I also told my gf that I couldn't trust her anymore as I have a lot of women that are friends of mine and I keep making more (I work as a practical nurse by the way). A lot of them think I'm attractive, but she doesn't have to trust them, she just has to trust me which she doesn't.

I then finally told her I couldn't be in a relationship with her anymore as her jealousy had gotten too out of control so I blocked her. I probably lost my xbox and a few other things out of this since she'll have destroyed them. Was I in the wrong though? Is there something I should have done to remedy that?

The one thing I'll admit is I probably shouldn't have liked that selfie but I wasnt expecting that kind of reaction at all and I hate being told who I can and can't have as friends.

((TLDR Girlfriend starts fight over friend she had who became single who I don't know who lives an hour and a half from me and is a neighbor of hers who had previously added me on fb before she became single, telling me that I have to remove her from fb)).



Submitted May 27, 2019 at 05:31AM

Hello Reddit,I hate asking you guys stuff but I was just curious if any of you had been through this type of thing.My (29f) girlfriend started randomly picking fights with me to remove one of her friends (27f) from Facebook who had added me (28m). This friend of hers was someone who was with a guy for several years and ended up breaking up with him.She would always wishwash back and forth between wanting to be with me and not wanting to be with me due to how far apart we live (an hour and a half). For the record, I work full-time and have been driving out there everytime I've had a couple days off for nearly a year. She also has kids (hers, not mine) which I have looked after, I've given her money to pay her rent because she was on EI for the longest while before working again for the summer and I've messaged her or called her pretty much every day since she'd get mad at me when I didn't.Additionally when I wasnt looking after her kids I was driving her brother around who doesn't work, has been in jail for over 3 years and while he is an alright guy to hang with, he uses people as well as the rest of her family. I act like the taxi for the lot of them since a lot of them are on welfare and don't work. She also has been getting mad at me because she lives remotely and wants me to move out to where she is where there aren't any jobs (I've looked).Anyway, so one of the times she broke up with me and told me it was because I "didn't care about her" because I hadn't left my job to be with her and lived far away and she wanted someone she could be with all the time. The irony of that statement being that the last boyfriend she had she left him because he did exactly that (ie didn't work and used up her resources).So I feeling frustrated, was liking a bunch of her friends' posts and she noticed that I'd liked one of the quotes about strength that her friend had posted which I didn't anything about. I found out afterwards that this friend had broken up with her bf and my gf at the time lashed out at me for not blocking her. She then told me to delete her or she wouldn't get back together with me as she didn't like me with "hungry women". I didn't and we fought a bunch, but I told her if she really trusted me she'd let it go as I dont even live near this person, have never met them in real life (and still haven't) and that I wouldn't delete her as she's an indicator as to how much trust she has in me with regards to other women.She let it go eventually, but not before bringing it up repeatedly. She also has admitted to me that she cheated the guy she had kids with with his best friend while they were together. I also found earlier in the relationship before this fight that she had been messaging guys every could of weeks through tinder after I checked her phone based on suspicious behaviour (I know you shouldn't do this, but I saw her recieve a "hey" from tinder one time whe she was playing on her phone next to me that appeared at the top of the screen). In one of the messages she was getting the number of a guy and talking about meeting up.So a couple months later she goes to a party with her guy friends and tells me about it. I trust her, so I told her to have fun. She then tells me of a guy who asked to have sex with her and she said no because she has a boyfriend and he says "he doesn't have to know" and then calls me when drunk. I go to pick her up because I trust her despite me working the next night and I looked after her.Then we broke up recently over her getting mad at me because I wanted romantic time with her away from her family who I'd been helping all weekend (I'll spare you the details) and says no. I pout a bit and she tells me to go home because I lay in bed and was just reflecting on shit rather than doing what she wanted and I was so fucking exhausted I just left rather than arguing about it.She then was ghosting me for a while so, feeling a bit petty I liked this other girl's selfie (the friend of my gf); that's it. My gf flipped out, saying I didnt care about her, that she'd never do that to me, etc. and again said she didn't want me around hungry women. When she broke up with me she said she'd leave my stuff on the back porch out in the open uncovered.I finally got pissed off and said "this is the final straw" and messaged her friend telling her that I had to unfriend her because her friend (they're not exactly close friends though) was accusing me of some of this stuff and that I wanted to prove a point so I had to unfriend her for a while.I also told my gf that I couldn't trust her anymore as I have a lot of women that are friends of mine and I keep making more (I work as a practical nurse by the way). A lot of them think I'm attractive, but she doesn't have to trust them, she just has to trust me which she doesn't.I then finally told her I couldn't be in a relationship with her anymore as her jealousy had gotten too out of control so I blocked her. I probably lost my xbox and a few other things out of this since she'll have destroyed them. Was I in the wrong though? Is there something I should have done to remedy that?The one thing I'll admit is I probably shouldn't have liked that selfie but I wasnt expecting that kind of reaction at all and I hate being told who I can and can't have as friends.((TLDR Girlfriend starts fight over friend she had who became single who I don't know who lives an hour and a half from me and is a neighbor of hers who had previously added me on fb before she became single, telling me that I have to remove her from fb)).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.