Husband modeling bad behaviour in front of children. Unsure of what to do next?

This is my 1st post, go easy on me!

My (33F) husband (41M), is a great guy and I love him dearly, we have 19 month old twins (T1 AND T2). Our relationship is great and we don't really have any issues, but this one issue is big and it's growing.

My husband's brother died when they where kids and as a result my MIL coddled the shit out of him, as a result he has massive childish tantrums and anger issues (I've sent him for anger management and it has kind of helped) for eg: Yesterday a.m he was holding T1 and they grabbed a cap off the rack and tried to put it on his head, but they managed to scratch his eye a little (very slightly red, watering for 10mins) his response was to drop the baby roughly, start SCREAMING in pain, swearing loudly and SOBBING. He has similar reactions to any physical injury, i.e if it's his eye: he has sensitive eyes, if it's his leg he has an old injury, if it's his back he has a bad back, literally cries over every injury no matter how slight. - He justifies this greatly exaggerated response, I usually just ignore him thinking if he doesn't get the attention he wants he will stop doing it (it hasn't worked) yesterday he kept going on about how it was watering so badly he could t see, so much pain, can't see out of other eye etc etc.

Then yesterday afternoon we went out to a park, T2 was playing with his sunglasses and obviously getting them dirty, he started swearing at the situation audibly (fNG fck this shit, can't fcking do fng anything, you have to f*ck up everything) and then the next second grabs the glasses out T2's hands and throws them into the bushes.

I told him to pack up everything we were leaving and people where staring, his behaviour was unacceptable etc. In the car I carried on about his modeling bad behaviour etc, but he turned it into him being attacked etc.

These are just two examples but I could go on and on. I don't know what to do next. It's not healthy for my kids to be around this, I don't think he would go to therapy or follow through, but I could try.

What should I do?

TL:DR my husband acts like an attention seeking brat and i don't know how to handle it.



Submitted May 27, 2019 at 05:53AM

This is my 1st post, go easy on me!My (33F) husband (41M), is a great guy and I love him dearly, we have 19 month old twins (T1 AND T2). Our relationship is great and we don't really have any issues, but this one issue is big and it's growing.My husband's brother died when they where kids and as a result my MIL coddled the shit out of him, as a result he has massive childish tantrums and anger issues (I've sent him for anger management and it has kind of helped) for eg: Yesterday a.m he was holding T1 and they grabbed a cap off the rack and tried to put it on his head, but they managed to scratch his eye a little (very slightly red, watering for 10mins) his response was to drop the baby roughly, start SCREAMING in pain, swearing loudly and SOBBING. He has similar reactions to any physical injury, i.e if it's his eye: he has sensitive eyes, if it's his leg he has an old injury, if it's his back he has a bad back, literally cries over every injury no matter how slight. - He justifies this greatly exaggerated response, I usually just ignore him thinking if he doesn't get the attention he wants he will stop doing it (it hasn't worked) yesterday he kept going on about how it was watering so badly he could t see, so much pain, can't see out of other eye etc etc.Then yesterday afternoon we went out to a park, T2 was playing with his sunglasses and obviously getting them dirty, he started swearing at the situation audibly (fNG fck this shit, can't fcking do fng anything, you have to f*ck up everything) and then the next second grabs the glasses out T2's hands and throws them into the bushes.I told him to pack up everything we were leaving and people where staring, his behaviour was unacceptable etc. In the car I carried on about his modeling bad behaviour etc, but he turned it into him being attacked etc.These are just two examples but I could go on and on. I don't know what to do next. It's not healthy for my kids to be around this, I don't think he would go to therapy or follow through, but I could try.What should I do?TL:DR my husband acts like an attention seeking brat and i don't know how to handle it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.