I need confidence to help this relationship

On mobile and grammar is bad, sorry in advance.

So my boyfriend (M18) and I (F17) (dating for around 1 year) have been having a rough patch lately. Mainly me. Our schedules have changed and we dont see or talk to eachother as often. When we are together it's just physical touch, and although it feels nice to be close, it doesnt show me how he appreciates me, or how much he cares for me. He knows words mean much more to me but why does he not try to use them more than his touch?

Now on my end, im very insecure, so that may play on why I would prefer words over physicality. Deep down I know he loves me, but theres always that creeping thought that he's only with me out of pity, or because im all he can find. When I express this to him he says he loves me and other things, but it's only said when I bring it up so it feels like he was forced to show appreciation. How do I help myself become more confident so I dont have to rely on his words to make me feel like I am enough?

TLDR: Boyfriend knows words mean more to me than touch but rarely uses words of affirmation. I want to know how to become more confident so I wont constantly need attention to feel like enough.

Advice is welcome, I know my own insecurities could be the major downfall to our relationship, I just don't know how to fix it. Also I know we are young, and I may get some comments saying that I shouldnt take it so seriously, but i truly do believe this is the man im going to marry.



Submitted May 27, 2019 at 05:57AM

On mobile and grammar is bad, sorry in advance.So my boyfriend (M18) and I (F17) (dating for around 1 year) have been having a rough patch lately. Mainly me. Our schedules have changed and we dont see or talk to eachother as often. When we are together it's just physical touch, and although it feels nice to be close, it doesnt show me how he appreciates me, or how much he cares for me. He knows words mean much more to me but why does he not try to use them more than his touch?Now on my end, im very insecure, so that may play on why I would prefer words over physicality. Deep down I know he loves me, but theres always that creeping thought that he's only with me out of pity, or because im all he can find. When I express this to him he says he loves me and other things, but it's only said when I bring it up so it feels like he was forced to show appreciation. How do I help myself become more confident so I dont have to rely on his words to make me feel like I am enough?TLDR: Boyfriend knows words mean more to me than touch but rarely uses words of affirmation. I want to know how to become more confident so I wont constantly need attention to feel like enough.Advice is welcome, I know my own insecurities could be the major downfall to our relationship, I just don't know how to fix it. Also I know we are young, and I may get some comments saying that I shouldnt take it so seriously, but i truly do believe this is the man im going to marry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.