/u/GrimmSheeper on Ffr

My guess is that it comes from a subconscious attempt to figure out where we belong in their scheme.

It’s no surprise that people create in groups and out groups, and tend to prefer people in their in groups. So my guess is that if they have a generally positive (or at least not negative) view of you and you don’t fit into the out group (gay, bi, etc. in this case), they’ll subconsciously regard you as a member of their in group. When you aren’t following the standard behavior of the group, it causes dissonance. The attempt to address the dissonance manifests as rationalizing it as you not having enough experience to relate.

TLDR: the human mind is weird and makes people think/do weird things when they don’t get stuff





April 15, 2019 at 05:29AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.