Thoughts about getting along with people after a lot of solitary years?

Ok I'll start by saying I'm 55 so well over the thirty..

So honesty bit. Been divorced twice (4yrs and 10yrs) And generally was an ok experience overall and I'm adult enough to say that the last one ended because we both stopped trying and doing the little things that matter.

I'm well over and I don't carry baggage forward as I know a good part of it was my fault. ( no funny stuff affairs etc just how it went).

I've took a long hard look and come out the other side. I'm basically a really nice person who tries his best at whatever he does. I think poss too nice sometimes.

Now to the main bit.. I've done the OLD stuff including NSA but I find the actual people face to face bit really frustrating . I've worked in retail sales for years and you get really tired of the silly stuff people talk about. And I think it rubs off in real life.

Don't get me wrong I've always found it hard talking with people which is why I don't mind being on my own.. but I miss the company and having that person to go do things with etc.

The last couple of dates or so ok for a start then I get ghosted with no explanation and I live in a town with a small pool of people

Can anyone suggest things to try or techniques to get on better with people? I have arthritis in my knees so it limits some of the things and women I could date.

In my head there should be loads of similar age women that are available, I have no idea which rock they are under though...



Submitted April 14, 2019 at 11:55AM

Ok I'll start by saying I'm 55 so well over the thirty..So honesty bit. Been divorced twice (4yrs and 10yrs) And generally was an ok experience overall and I'm adult enough to say that the last one ended because we both stopped trying and doing the little things that matter.I'm well over and I don't carry baggage forward as I know a good part of it was my fault. ( no funny stuff affairs etc just how it went).I've took a long hard look and come out the other side. I'm basically a really nice person who tries his best at whatever he does. I think poss too nice sometimes.Now to the main bit.. I've done the OLD stuff including NSA but I find the actual people face to face bit really frustrating . I've worked in retail sales for years and you get really tired of the silly stuff people talk about. And I think it rubs off in real life.Don't get me wrong I've always found it hard talking with people which is why I don't mind being on my own.. but I miss the company and having that person to go do things with etc.The last couple of dates or so ok for a start then I get ghosted with no explanation and I live in a town with a small pool of peopleCan anyone suggest things to try or techniques to get on better with people? I have arthritis in my knees so it limits some of the things and women I could date.In my head there should be loads of similar age women that are available, I have no idea which rock they are under though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.