Do all exes resurrect at some point?

I was talking to a friend the other day about this topic: old exes resurrecting after the break-up. I started to think about it, and I cannot recall even one ex who has not contacted me weeks, months or years later after a break-up to talk, catch up, and ultimately want to 'hang out.' (except for at the time my very last ex)

The last relationship that I had that ended, ended about a month ago and I was a little perturbed at this topic, because the guy who I stopped seeing before the last one (polite and easy clean break), contacted me "out of the blue" to see "how my love life was going." I am pretty sure he saw me on the dating apps as I saw him, too. Then I was telling my friend that the latest bf was the ONLY one I can think of who has NOT resurrected. Then cue the next day when I get this long sad 'sorry about who I am, I am trying to become a better person, going to therapy, you are so amazing, blah blah blah" text out of the blue.

Why is this so common? Why can't people just move on? In every case, that I have engaged in replying or even meeting up, I realize they are always looking to romantically reconnect on some various level.

For those of you who do this, do you do this to all of your exes?

For those of you who have this done to you, does it happen with ALL of them?

I just cannot understand why not one single ex has not been able to just stay away. An ex is an ex for a reason. Am I in the minority in wanting to just never engage again with exes? I just want to move forward. Not backwards.

I just was not anticipating having my heart and headspace occupied again, even if momentarily, and especially by both of these men at the same time. Ugh. It is too much.



Submitted April 14, 2019 at 11:18PM

I was talking to a friend the other day about this topic: old exes resurrecting after the break-up. I started to think about it, and I cannot recall even one ex who has not contacted me weeks, months or years later after a break-up to talk, catch up, and ultimately want to 'hang out.' (except for at the time my very last ex)The last relationship that I had that ended, ended about a month ago and I was a little perturbed at this topic, because the guy who I stopped seeing before the last one (polite and easy clean break), contacted me "out of the blue" to see "how my love life was going." I am pretty sure he saw me on the dating apps as I saw him, too. Then I was telling my friend that the latest bf was the ONLY one I can think of who has NOT resurrected. Then cue the next day when I get this long sad 'sorry about who I am, I am trying to become a better person, going to therapy, you are so amazing, blah blah blah" text out of the blue.Why is this so common? Why can't people just move on? In every case, that I have engaged in replying or even meeting up, I realize they are always looking to romantically reconnect on some various level.For those of you who do this, do you do this to all of your exes?For those of you who have this done to you, does it happen with ALL of them?I just cannot understand why not one single ex has not been able to just stay away. An ex is an ex for a reason. Am I in the minority in wanting to just never engage again with exes? I just want to move forward. Not backwards.I just was not anticipating having my heart and headspace occupied again, even if momentarily, and especially by both of these men at the same time. Ugh. It is too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.