Dating someone younger, and I'm also in a new country. Advice?

I haven't dated much ever. I've been in one long-term relationship, and a couple dates here and there, and that's pretty much it. I rarely ever develop feelings for someone.

Last year, I was in Canada for work for 3 weeks (I'm American) and I (30M) met a girl (22F). We hooked up the first day we met and we just hit it off. She stayed over at my apartment for almost 2 weeks straight. We went out, hooked up, had sex, went out on dates, and just had a real great connection. It was casual and I guess a fling(?).

A month later, I decided to visit again for a week. We picked back up right where we left off. Dates were great, conversations were great, sex was great, I just had a great time with her.

I kept going back to visit her. Went about 5 times over 6 months.

In Feb, my boss mentioned that we needed someone in the Canada office for a short period of time. I immediately jumped at the opportunity and said I'll do it! (The office is empty, I'm the only one here)

I texted her to tell her that I may be in her city to work for a bit, and her response was "really?? that's awesome!!" I was really stoked.

I moved here 2 weeks ago and it is really different from what I expected.

We've been hanging out a bunch, but it feels like she's more distant. We go out on dates and stuff but we did not have sex at all. And from our conversations, I honestly have no idea what she wants, but it doesn't sound like she wants anything serious with me.

I told her I had feelings for her and that I want more, and asked her what she thought, and her response was "I'm not sure, I don't know."

We do have plans for the next couple weeks though, I've been seeing her 3-4 times a week.

But when she is NOT around, I'm just depressed and sad. And no, I don't just sit around. I go to a rock climbing gym, I explore, I go to meetups... but I just feel so empty even though I'm doing these activities.

I don't know what to do. I'm here for another 3 months AT LEAST. It really sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. But I'm starting to have stronger and stronger feelings for her.

What should I do?



Submitted April 14, 2019 at 06:47PM

I haven't dated much ever. I've been in one long-term relationship, and a couple dates here and there, and that's pretty much it. I rarely ever develop feelings for someone.Last year, I was in Canada for work for 3 weeks (I'm American) and I (30M) met a girl (22F). We hooked up the first day we met and we just hit it off. She stayed over at my apartment for almost 2 weeks straight. We went out, hooked up, had sex, went out on dates, and just had a real great connection. It was casual and I guess a fling(?).A month later, I decided to visit again for a week. We picked back up right where we left off. Dates were great, conversations were great, sex was great, I just had a great time with her.I kept going back to visit her. Went about 5 times over 6 months.In Feb, my boss mentioned that we needed someone in the Canada office for a short period of time. I immediately jumped at the opportunity and said I'll do it! (The office is empty, I'm the only one here)I texted her to tell her that I may be in her city to work for a bit, and her response was "really?? that's awesome!!" I was really stoked.I moved here 2 weeks ago and it is really different from what I expected.We've been hanging out a bunch, but it feels like she's more distant. We go out on dates and stuff but we did not have sex at all. And from our conversations, I honestly have no idea what she wants, but it doesn't sound like she wants anything serious with me.I told her I had feelings for her and that I want more, and asked her what she thought, and her response was "I'm not sure, I don't know."We do have plans for the next couple weeks though, I've been seeing her 3-4 times a week.But when she is NOT around, I'm just depressed and sad. And no, I don't just sit around. I go to a rock climbing gym, I explore, I go to meetups... but I just feel so empty even though I'm doing these activities.I don't know what to do. I'm here for another 3 months AT LEAST. It really sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. But I'm starting to have stronger and stronger feelings for her.What should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.