Dating someone who is taking it very slowly

Hello everyone,

I am 28 and dating a guy who is 30, since the beginning of February. We have been taking it veeeery slowly, with a date a week except when one of us have been traveling.

The dates have been so great though, he comes up with thoughtful dates that he thinks I will like based on my hobbies, and he has cooked for me as well. We have stayed up all night just talking and laughing, although he doesn't open up very much but a little bit. He has been super busy at work as he works in finance and is up for promotion this year, plus someone resigned so he had to take on that role as well. So last time I saw him which was two weekends ago, I got us cinema tickets and then cooked for him as well, which made him more affectionate and calling me nicknames.

We haven't spoken much about what we are, as we both agreed to take it slowly when we first met, because we both came out of relationships in November. Last time he said he likes our vibe, that I am unique and special.

We text nearly everyday with thoughtful messages, but I am a bit worried that it is going so slowly though. Normally we go on a date on the weekend, but last weekend he wanted space from the world, and this week he was ill so said we could do something today, but this morning he said he couldn't sleep at all because his throat was still killing him and that he would let me know in the afternoon how he feels but if I want to make other plans then that is fine too. I answered him saying hope he feels better, and if he needs anything to let me know, and he hasn't answered (nearly 10pm here).

I hope he is ok and want to be there for him in any way I can, but also don't want to be taken for a fool. Have any of you been through this and offer any insights? Do you think this pace is too slow and means he is not interested? I am fine with this pace for the time being, as I have my own hobbies and life, but would like something more consistent further down the line, and not sure when I should bring this up or how.



Submitted April 14, 2019 at 08:35PM

Hello everyone,I am 28 and dating a guy who is 30, since the beginning of February. We have been taking it veeeery slowly, with a date a week except when one of us have been traveling.The dates have been so great though, he comes up with thoughtful dates that he thinks I will like based on my hobbies, and he has cooked for me as well. We have stayed up all night just talking and laughing, although he doesn't open up very much but a little bit. He has been super busy at work as he works in finance and is up for promotion this year, plus someone resigned so he had to take on that role as well. So last time I saw him which was two weekends ago, I got us cinema tickets and then cooked for him as well, which made him more affectionate and calling me nicknames.We haven't spoken much about what we are, as we both agreed to take it slowly when we first met, because we both came out of relationships in November. Last time he said he likes our vibe, that I am unique and special.We text nearly everyday with thoughtful messages, but I am a bit worried that it is going so slowly though. Normally we go on a date on the weekend, but last weekend he wanted space from the world, and this week he was ill so said we could do something today, but this morning he said he couldn't sleep at all because his throat was still killing him and that he would let me know in the afternoon how he feels but if I want to make other plans then that is fine too. I answered him saying hope he feels better, and if he needs anything to let me know, and he hasn't answered (nearly 10pm here).I hope he is ok and want to be there for him in any way I can, but also don't want to be taken for a fool. Have any of you been through this and offer any insights? Do you think this pace is too slow and means he is not interested? I am fine with this pace for the time being, as I have my own hobbies and life, but would like something more consistent further down the line, and not sure when I should bring this up or how.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.