He loves me, he (37m) loves me(33f) not? HELP!lol

While I would like to go into detail, I don’t want to make this longer than it already is. So if I am missing anything, ask!

However, I really like this man, and am not sure if he is giving me any signals or not or if I am just in "la la we have so many shared interests and you are super adorable and cute and I want to do the naughty business with you" land. If someone could help me, that would be awesome.

It is important to note that there is a bit of a "power differential" between us, as he is in a position of more power and status (which could make me a threat I suppose, especially in the world of #metoo). I have hopes that I will make a minisucle "coffee?" type move in the next couple weeks, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself or put him in a weird spot. Plus I see him like 2x a week-ish....

His behaviours:

  1. When we are around people and he tells a joke he always looks to me immediately to laugh. If I don’t laugh he comments on how bad the joke was (even if others laugh).
  2. When we are talking around people he spends about 60-70% of the time facing me, and when he gets excited he tends to kinda get all puffy and pelvisy (new word, stamped it) in my general direction.
  3. I am not sure if he physically mirrors me, but he seems to definitely emotionally mirror me (if that is a thing) when in a group. If I am smiling he is smiling. If I am tired/not good mood, he seems really low-key even if everyone else is up.
  4. We often have intense eye contact (not sure about pupil size or eyebrows, too distracted!lol) that lasts on average 2-6 seconds (once I timed it, it was 8 seconds, I broke it off and he was still looking at me). I am not sure if it is just me, but the eye contact feels like borderline electric and I often catch him looking in my eyes first.
  5. When we are sitting across from each other talking his body language is pretty open, he is either leaned back with his arms to the side or leaned in towards me and talking to me.
  6. When we are talking, just the too of us, and I am leaving it seems like he always finds ways to keep talking and stop me from leaving. The other day I was almost 3/4 out the door and he got me to come over and look at some post-it note thing on the wall beside him and then proceeded to tell me for 10 extra minutes the reason why Chrysler vans sold so well (cup holders...). However, he has only asked me specifically to come see him in his office 1x.
  7. He always has weird underhanded compliments (like saying things like “do you often let yourself feel like you know nothing when really you know a ridiculous amount?”). He always tries to make me feel good about myself.
  8. He asks me a ridiculous amount of questions about myself.
  9. He always responds to my emails (every single one) with a ":-)" (sometimes multiple times) and rapidly (within half an hour)... but he has only emailed me first 1x and the last time I emailed him a thank you he only sent :-)
  10. The other day I stopped by his office to see him and ask him a question. He was looking for change to go get a coffee. He saw me and got super flustered and couldn’t make up his mind as to what he was doing. He didn’t go get coffee and sat and talked to me for 45 minutes (mostly him keeping it going) even though I said I could come back later. Not sure if this was a sign he was happy but caught off guard or he was trying to escape me!lol

My Behaviors

  1. Probably the general aura of a lost puppy who just saw prince charming holding a giant rawhide bone and is trying to determine if humping his leg is appropriate or if I will get kicked the snout.

Any thoughts? Honesty? Advice? Reality Check? Should I give a hint? Any Thoughts on How?

P.S. I accidentally posted this in the wrong place yesterday... so I have had to move it.... so if it seems like a repeat, that is why...



Submitted April 12, 2019 at 02:04AM

While I would like to go into detail, I don’t want to make this longer than it already is. So if I am missing anything, ask!However, I really like this man, and am not sure if he is giving me any signals or not or if I am just in "la la we have so many shared interests and you are super adorable and cute and I want to do the naughty business with you" land. If someone could help me, that would be awesome.It is important to note that there is a bit of a "power differential" between us, as he is in a position of more power and status (which could make me a threat I suppose, especially in the world of #metoo). I have hopes that I will make a minisucle "coffee?" type move in the next couple weeks, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself or put him in a weird spot. Plus I see him like 2x a week-ish....His behaviours:When we are around people and he tells a joke he always looks to me immediately to laugh. If I don’t laugh he comments on how bad the joke was (even if others laugh).When we are talking around people he spends about 60-70% of the time facing me, and when he gets excited he tends to kinda get all puffy and pelvisy (new word, stamped it) in my general direction.I am not sure if he physically mirrors me, but he seems to definitely emotionally mirror me (if that is a thing) when in a group. If I am smiling he is smiling. If I am tired/not good mood, he seems really low-key even if everyone else is up.We often have intense eye contact (not sure about pupil size or eyebrows, too distracted!lol) that lasts on average 2-6 seconds (once I timed it, it was 8 seconds, I broke it off and he was still looking at me). I am not sure if it is just me, but the eye contact feels like borderline electric and I often catch him looking in my eyes first.When we are sitting across from each other talking his body language is pretty open, he is either leaned back with his arms to the side or leaned in towards me and talking to me.When we are talking, just the too of us, and I am leaving it seems like he always finds ways to keep talking and stop me from leaving. The other day I was almost 3/4 out the door and he got me to come over and look at some post-it note thing on the wall beside him and then proceeded to tell me for 10 extra minutes the reason why Chrysler vans sold so well (cup holders...). However, he has only asked me specifically to come see him in his office 1x.He always has weird underhanded compliments (like saying things like “do you often let yourself feel like you know nothing when really you know a ridiculous amount?”). He always tries to make me feel good about myself.He asks me a ridiculous amount of questions about myself.He always responds to my emails (every single one) with a ":-)" (sometimes multiple times) and rapidly (within half an hour)... but he has only emailed me first 1x and the last time I emailed him a thank you he only sent :-)The other day I stopped by his office to see him and ask him a question. He was looking for change to go get a coffee. He saw me and got super flustered and couldn’t make up his mind as to what he was doing. He didn’t go get coffee and sat and talked to me for 45 minutes (mostly him keeping it going) even though I said I could come back later. Not sure if this was a sign he was happy but caught off guard or he was trying to escape me!lolMy BehaviorsProbably the general aura of a lost puppy who just saw prince charming holding a giant rawhide bone and is trying to determine if humping his leg is appropriate or if I will get kicked the snout.Any thoughts? Honesty? Advice? Reality Check? Should I give a hint? Any Thoughts on How?P.S. I accidentally posted this in the wrong place yesterday... so I have had to move it.... so if it seems like a repeat, that is why...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.