After taking some time off to be a single for a long while I'm realizing what most attracts me is intelligence

I don't have the best relationship history for all the standard reasons that I've been working through in therapy. I always seemed to fall for emotionally unavailable men and let those sparks and chemistry make bad decisions for me.

But now, after taking a break and learning to love the single life, the biggest thing I keep coming back to in what attracts me to a man is intelligence. Obviously all the other things like kindness, respect, generosity are important too, but I like a sharp mind. And as a woman who spent my whole life downplaying my own intelligence around men, I would like to find a man who is attracted to the same thing.

I'm assuming this exists but OLD seems like a bad place to look for it. Just wondering if anyone can relate.



Submitted April 11, 2019 at 10:52PM

I don't have the best relationship history for all the standard reasons that I've been working through in therapy. I always seemed to fall for emotionally unavailable men and let those sparks and chemistry make bad decisions for me.But now, after taking a break and learning to love the single life, the biggest thing I keep coming back to in what attracts me to a man is intelligence. Obviously all the other things like kindness, respect, generosity are important too, but I like a sharp mind. And as a woman who spent my whole life downplaying my own intelligence around men, I would like to find a man who is attracted to the same thing.I'm assuming this exists but OLD seems like a bad place to look for it. Just wondering if anyone can relate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.