/u/TotalSpeed on Feel bad about being a virgin at my age, but am sex-repulsed

I can kind of relate. I don't feel bad about being a virgin itself. In fact, I'm proud in a way that I've resisted the cultural norms that I *have* to do it. Though I'm definitely afraid of the social costs of being misinterpreted as someone who wants it just can't get it. I think the best way to deal with it is to make it clear that you don't want it. If you're young enough, you don't necessarily have to explain to people that you're asexual, you could just say you're not ready yet. I'm 21 and that works okay, not sure how well that works at 30. It also helps to not fit the stereotype of a virgin. Be a normal, fit guy who takes care of himself and has a life and I think people will get the message that you just don't want it.

I understand the whole point of "you shouldn't care what people think of you", but it's only true to an extent. It's true to the extent that if you clearly just don't want it and people still have an issue, those people aren't worth dealing with. But, I personally do think it's worth not portraying the image of a stereotypical virgin.





April 18, 2019 at 05:06AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.