Attachment Style: Resources for self diagnosis while navigating the dating world?

Hi all, I am trying to date and I am over 30. I see a lot of posts on here discussing attachment styles and their difficulties.

Anyhow, I've come to realize that I myself may have an attachment issue. I am a man in my 30's and struggling with dating, but I myself and the perpetrator of my own pain. I can't seem to let my guard down enough to trust or truly connect with women prior to ending a relationship and moving on.

I'm looking to understand these dynamics better... and this sub seems to be very experienced in attachment style.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have and books they can recommended outside of "attached", perhaps particularly focusing on avoidant styles?



Submitted April 18, 2019 at 02:51AM

Hi all, I am trying to date and I am over 30. I see a lot of posts on here discussing attachment styles and their difficulties.Anyhow, I've come to realize that I myself may have an attachment issue. I am a man in my 30's and struggling with dating, but I myself and the perpetrator of my own pain. I can't seem to let my guard down enough to trust or truly connect with women prior to ending a relationship and moving on.I'm looking to understand these dynamics better... and this sub seems to be very experienced in attachment style.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Does anyone have and books they can recommended outside of "attached", perhaps particularly focusing on avoidant styles?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.