Does the romantic gesture ever get the girl?

You know, there are romcoms and stuff. The guy does this amazing insane romantic gesture to this one woman in the hopes of making her fall for him. The guy just understands her, in a way no one else ever has, and this is so meant to be, and every single cliche and other bullcrap you can imagine...

And, get this, when the guy does all that, it works.

I say you don't have to go to see superhero movies, sci-fi thrills, Game of Thrones, or action flicks with a bunch of car chases and explosions to see something that would never happen in real life. You just have to turn your eyes to the average low-budget romcom. And you know there is always at least one showing in your local theater (god knows why).

A lot of internet talk, and RP or whatever always talk about how this happen in real life. That you come off as desperate, clingy, creepy, etc. and a lot of other types of backfiring I'm not even contemplating.

Out of personal experience, I have to agree: no, doing that stuff doesn't work.

So, I ask to you: do you think that ever works? and, (since opinions are like assholes) more importantly, have you ever seen it work?



Submitted April 09, 2019 at 05:11AM

You know, there are romcoms and stuff. The guy does this amazing insane romantic gesture to this one woman in the hopes of making her fall for him. The guy just understands her, in a way no one else ever has, and this is so meant to be, and every single cliche and other bullcrap you can imagine...And, get this, when the guy does all that, it works.I say you don't have to go to see superhero movies, sci-fi thrills, Game of Thrones, or action flicks with a bunch of car chases and explosions to see something that would never happen in real life. You just have to turn your eyes to the average low-budget romcom. And you know there is always at least one showing in your local theater (god knows why).A lot of internet talk, and RP or whatever always talk about how this happen in real life. That you come off as desperate, clingy, creepy, etc. and a lot of other types of backfiring I'm not even contemplating.Out of personal experience, I have to agree: no, doing that stuff doesn't work.So, I ask to you: do you think that ever works? and, (since opinions are like assholes) more importantly, have you ever seen it work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.