I recently had a thought

I recently had a thought...what if I find a good partner that makes a good match for me but train myself to never fall in love with her? My last relationship taught me something and that is that if I dont care too much for the girl aside from trying to maintain the relationship, I can handle her drama. Once I catch feelings, I get needy and my brain stops being able to handle her drama well which causes the relationship to end.

So here is my thought, I'll find someone who seems good for me and refuse to truly love her. This way, I wont get hurt and I will be able to deal with her drama.

25 M.

My alternative is to keep looking for true love, someone who will put up with my flaws, constantly falling, and being forever alone.

Thoughts?



Submitted May 13, 2019 at 05:58AM

I recently had a thought...what if I find a good partner that makes a good match for me but train myself to never fall in love with her? My last relationship taught me something and that is that if I dont care too much for the girl aside from trying to maintain the relationship, I can handle her drama. Once I catch feelings, I get needy and my brain stops being able to handle her drama well which causes the relationship to end.So here is my thought, I'll find someone who seems good for me and refuse to truly love her. This way, I wont get hurt and I will be able to deal with her drama.25 M.My alternative is to keep looking for true love, someone who will put up with my flaws, constantly falling, and being forever alone.Thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.