/u/HPGal3 on Hmmmm...

I didn’t used to know aphobia existed. I joined tumblr in high school, I was part of my school’s lgbtqa club, I went to events as a baby queer. I didn’t see a lot of ace representation, but I just figured it was a small group. And only about a year or two ago did I start seeing actual ace-exclusionary posts. First they came from obvious terf (trans-exclusionist) blogs, but then that rhetoric started seeping into other “activist” blogs, and people started proudly calling themselves “exclusionists”, as if that doesn’t directly descend from terfism. It’s easy to tell now when people mean aphobic and I’ve started seeing terrible post after terrible post. “Ace kids are just ugly and no one wants to fuck them” “aces don’t get to use the term corrective rape” “aces don’t need community resources” “aces actively oppress other acronym-members”. It’s disgusting and tumblr has become very unsafe for anyone who doesn’t neatly fall into gay or straight.





April 30, 2019 at 06:45AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.