Confusion about the whole dating process (21M)

Hi guys, sorry for the stupid questions but I'm completely clueless/confused about the whole dating process/procedure/thingy and I've just got some questions I hoping someone can answer for me 😊 I'm looking to find someone to long term date/life time partner (gender's unimportant)

How do I meet people? Besides online dating I have no idea, i work full time, live by myself and not terribly close to any bars or social spots that I'm aware (you guys might no some good places though) so by the time I get home, cook dinner, feed the animals etc, it's almost 8pm so I'm hard pressed to find somewhere to meet someone on weekdays.

What's an acceptable place to ask someone out to?

What's an acceptable time for a date to go for? And how do I close one off when it does go for too long or gets stale/awkward?

What do I talk about besides the generic small talk ie what do you do, how was your day etc

If they do agree to a second date is there anything I have to change up from doing the same thing as a first date? And if that goes well do I just keep asking them out to dates if they want to? How do I progress from going out on dates with someone and transition into properly dating someone/into a relationship?

Once again thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid questions, I know they sound pretty dumb, but thank you, the whole thing just confuses me haha



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 04:44AM

Hi guys, sorry for the stupid questions but I'm completely clueless/confused about the whole dating process/procedure/thingy and I've just got some questions I hoping someone can answer for me 😊 I'm looking to find someone to long term date/life time partner (gender's unimportant)How do I meet people? Besides online dating I have no idea, i work full time, live by myself and not terribly close to any bars or social spots that I'm aware (you guys might no some good places though) so by the time I get home, cook dinner, feed the animals etc, it's almost 8pm so I'm hard pressed to find somewhere to meet someone on weekdays.What's an acceptable place to ask someone out to?What's an acceptable time for a date to go for? And how do I close one off when it does go for too long or gets stale/awkward?What do I talk about besides the generic small talk ie what do you do, how was your day etcIf they do agree to a second date is there anything I have to change up from doing the same thing as a first date? And if that goes well do I just keep asking them out to dates if they want to? How do I progress from going out on dates with someone and transition into properly dating someone/into a relationship?Once again thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid questions, I know they sound pretty dumb, but thank you, the whole thing just confuses me haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.