When you love someone, but you’re not in love with them

22M here. Recently dated my best friend but we ended up breaking up when another friend of ours confessed his feelings for her. She ended up choosing him.

Since then, they’ve said they’re in love (it sucks for me, cos I still have emotional investment) but she and I never got to the level of affection they have.

Upon reflection, I knew I loved her and cared for her but I don’t think I was ever in love with her.

Was wondering if others have had stories like this to share as I’m still young.



Submitted May 19, 2019 at 01:38AM

22M here. Recently dated my best friend but we ended up breaking up when another friend of ours confessed his feelings for her. She ended up choosing him.Since then, they’ve said they’re in love (it sucks for me, cos I still have emotional investment) but she and I never got to the level of affection they have.Upon reflection, I knew I loved her and cared for her but I don’t think I was ever in love with her.Was wondering if others have had stories like this to share as I’m still young.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.