My family keeps thinking I'm gay because I don't have a gf.

My family have thought that I was gay because they never saw me with a gf. I first got wind of my family thinking I was gay because there was rumours about me circulating with other family members and I found out through my sister, who told me point blank that the family thought I was gay because they never saw me with a partner. Months later, I go see family and it was pretty much my whole family there and I brought the person I was dating at the time and she was more than happy to come and meet my family.

They didn't think I was gay anymore, until I got a photo with a guy friend because you know, you want to get photo's with friends when you hang out with them. I posted it on social media and when I visited my sister after that, she said that the family thinks that was my boyfriend and that I was gay once again, which was annoying again.

The rumours died down after a bit of time had passed and I was relieved. Most recently, I bought a pink hat and I decided to wear it a lot because I had a friend that had passed away and his favourite colour was pink and I wore it to honor my friend's memory. My sister thought it was strange for me to be wearing pink and asked me, if I was sure I wasn't gay?

What is with family constantly questioning my sexuality?



Submitted May 19, 2019 at 06:12AM

My family have thought that I was gay because they never saw me with a gf. I first got wind of my family thinking I was gay because there was rumours about me circulating with other family members and I found out through my sister, who told me point blank that the family thought I was gay because they never saw me with a partner. Months later, I go see family and it was pretty much my whole family there and I brought the person I was dating at the time and she was more than happy to come and meet my family.They didn't think I was gay anymore, until I got a photo with a guy friend because you know, you want to get photo's with friends when you hang out with them. I posted it on social media and when I visited my sister after that, she said that the family thinks that was my boyfriend and that I was gay once again, which was annoying again.The rumours died down after a bit of time had passed and I was relieved. Most recently, I bought a pink hat and I decided to wear it a lot because I had a friend that had passed away and his favourite colour was pink and I wore it to honor my friend's memory. My sister thought it was strange for me to be wearing pink and asked me, if I was sure I wasn't gay?What is with family constantly questioning my sexuality?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.