/u/wygrajcie on How did you know you were Asexual?

Found out about it at 12, and I thought everyone was like that and asexuals were just SJWs who thought everyone else were rapists. Then I got into the dating scene.

I was around 15 and it was with a girl I knew for more than a year. The only reason we even started dating was because of a lot of not-so-secret hinting from her. I thought, "Why not? We can be best friends now!"

2 weeks in I think, "yeah I can put up with this sex stuff" 2 months: I can put up with it until she grows out of it. 4 months: I hope she grows out of it soon. 6 months: Okay is she going to stop being a complete slut any time soon? 8 months: I can't deal with this anymore. 10 months: Finally broke up

Include problems caused by the stress of maintaining the relationship and the fear of doing anything that might be viewed sexually. I hadn't had sex at all through the relationship, but I came way too close for comfort. There were a couple times where I had to physically force her off of me. My favourite dates were her least favourite ones, and I hated the ones she loved.

And the worst part is I miss her, but she thinks I hate her. I wouldn't have stayed for so long if I didn't want to be with her, but it was just too damaging for my mental health.

I wish I knew I was asexual before I went with her. Maybe she'd still be my friend.





May 02, 2019 at 06:45AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.