My husband isnt the handy one

Obviously I can't lift as much as my husband, but when it comes to tasks anywhere from mounting a TV to assembling furniture to making custom pieces, simple maintenance, power tools, etc etc I'm (25F) the handy one, not my husband.

My dad has always been handy and showing me things. out of my older brother, and younger sister, I'm the only one my dad could teach since I was the only one capable and receptive to it.

Well my husband had a different upbringing and is learning nooowww (28M) a lot of simple skills like making pancakes and finding studs in walls (although there's more tech for that now..just to compare the life skill and tech skill). I'm also more willing to do more tedious tasks like grout cleaning and trimming bushes, and he's more open to watering the yard and plants and doing surface cleaning.

It doesn't bother me. But it bothers him. His friends rag on him for it a lot "dude your WOMAN builds the furniture? Your LADY is mounting the TVs? Your WIFE is buying the tools?"

My husband acts perfectly fine at home, and likes things the way they are. A lot of it is just circumstances. But it's starting to get to him and he gets upset in public about it now. Even if he fires back with "well I'm proud that she doesn't have to depend on me to get shit done" Or something similar to defend us both, his friends fire back with low blow comments.

Is there any way to help the situation? Aside from him getting rid of his asshole friends? Or is this something that is just in his core and he will have to deal with?



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 02:41AM

Obviously I can't lift as much as my husband, but when it comes to tasks anywhere from mounting a TV to assembling furniture to making custom pieces, simple maintenance, power tools, etc etc I'm (25F) the handy one, not my husband.My dad has always been handy and showing me things. out of my older brother, and younger sister, I'm the only one my dad could teach since I was the only one capable and receptive to it.Well my husband had a different upbringing and is learning nooowww (28M) a lot of simple skills like making pancakes and finding studs in walls (although there's more tech for that now..just to compare the life skill and tech skill). I'm also more willing to do more tedious tasks like grout cleaning and trimming bushes, and he's more open to watering the yard and plants and doing surface cleaning.It doesn't bother me. But it bothers him. His friends rag on him for it a lot "dude your WOMAN builds the furniture? Your LADY is mounting the TVs? Your WIFE is buying the tools?"My husband acts perfectly fine at home, and likes things the way they are. A lot of it is just circumstances. But it's starting to get to him and he gets upset in public about it now. Even if he fires back with "well I'm proud that she doesn't have to depend on me to get shit done" Or something similar to defend us both, his friends fire back with low blow comments.Is there any way to help the situation? Aside from him getting rid of his asshole friends? Or is this something that is just in his core and he will have to deal with?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.