Is it normal to say hi after breaking up?

We went out for over 4 years. She broke up with me about 4 months ago. I've started seeing someone. My new girl's great.

One thing that bothers me - in the past, when I've broken up with women, I've touched based with them a few months later, just to see if they're doing ok.

My ex has not done this, and after going out for so long, it seems kinda like a decent thing to do. I don't believe I should initiate contact as she broke up with me (it'll look like I'm trying to crawl back to her) but I believe the onus is on her to say hi.

Am I being weird? It wasn't a bad break up. I'm just thinking that after you spend that much time with someone, you'd give a shit about them.



Submitted May 02, 2019 at 06:01AM

We went out for over 4 years. She broke up with me about 4 months ago. I've started seeing someone. My new girl's great.One thing that bothers me - in the past, when I've broken up with women, I've touched based with them a few months later, just to see if they're doing ok.My ex has not done this, and after going out for so long, it seems kinda like a decent thing to do. I don't believe I should initiate contact as she broke up with me (it'll look like I'm trying to crawl back to her) but I believe the onus is on her to say hi.Am I being weird? It wasn't a bad break up. I'm just thinking that after you spend that much time with someone, you'd give a shit about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.