Intimacy lost with bf over Long distance relationship and coronavirus

I met my bf in this graduate program that we have both started in the last year. It is easier to go on dates and spend time with him when we are away from our homes and on-campus (obviously). He lives about 1-2 hours away from my home, where we both live with our families as we are both in our early twenties. We are realizing now with the self-isolation process and the distances how hard it is to maintain this relationship, as we haven't seen each other for a good while as we were in different locations for our co-op opportunities for our program.

My worry is that we may not be able to do intimate things or go on dates as we have to proceed with the regulations of self-isolation, and he is coming back from outside of the country as his co-op was international, so he will definitely have to do the 14-day self-isolation procedure. We are not sure how to proceed after everything is back to normal in terms of dating, as it is not easy to find somewhere to be intimate when our families are usually home most times.

Are there any suggestions for what we can do to maintain our relationship in terms of intimacy? We do video calls every day as often as we can but it is not the same.

tl;dr; my boyfriend and I are not sure how to be intimate with the self-isolation due to coronavirus and the long distance we live from another.



Submitted March 18, 2020 at 11:57PM

I met my bf in this graduate program that we have both started in the last year. It is easier to go on dates and spend time with him when we are away from our homes and on-campus (obviously). He lives about 1-2 hours away from my home, where we both live with our families as we are both in our early twenties. We are realizing now with the self-isolation process and the distances how hard it is to maintain this relationship, as we haven't seen each other for a good while as we were in different locations for our co-op opportunities for our program.​My worry is that we may not be able to do intimate things or go on dates as we have to proceed with the regulations of self-isolation, and he is coming back from outside of the country as his co-op was international, so he will definitely have to do the 14-day self-isolation procedure. We are not sure how to proceed after everything is back to normal in terms of dating, as it is not easy to find somewhere to be intimate when our families are usually home most times.​Are there any suggestions for what we can do to maintain our relationship in terms of intimacy? We do video calls every day as often as we can but it is not the same.​tl;dr; my boyfriend and I are not sure how to be intimate with the self-isolation due to coronavirus and the long distance we live from another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.