Advice on how to talk to him ?

My [36F] husband [35M] gives me backhanded compliments that I feel are offensive but I don’t know if I’m overreacting.

Today he was was speaking about one of my girlfriends and started insulting the her features, or rather complaining that they don’t meet his high and somewhat odd standards.

(He has complained about aspects my face many times too as well as my other friends and his female coworkers and celebrities and I’m kind of sick of hearing this dribble.)

I’m not sure if anyone can shed some light on why he feels the need to unburden himself of these thoughts ? Or if anyone has an idea of what a good response to him would look like, please help me out. I would like him to stop and asking him politely and explaining that it’s offensive doesn’t work.

Him:” Your friend is very average....her features are all smushed in the middle of her face, but you are a 10”

Me: “You have told me all that is wrong with my face many times, so don’t tell me now that I’m a ten”

Him: “ Exactly! I see all that is wrong but still I give you a 10–you should be sucking my dick ”

TL;DR husband won’t stop complaining about other peoples facial features and bodies. I’m getting very brain numbed over this.



Submitted November 02, 2019 at 11:31PM

My [36F] husband [35M] gives me backhanded compliments that I feel are offensive but I don’t know if I’m overreacting.Today he was was speaking about one of my girlfriends and started insulting the her features, or rather complaining that they don’t meet his high and somewhat odd standards.(He has complained about aspects my face many times too as well as my other friends and his female coworkers and celebrities and I’m kind of sick of hearing this dribble.)I’m not sure if anyone can shed some light on why he feels the need to unburden himself of these thoughts ? Or if anyone has an idea of what a good response to him would look like, please help me out. I would like him to stop and asking him politely and explaining that it’s offensive doesn’t work.Him:” Your friend is very average....her features are all smushed in the middle of her face, but you are a 10”Me: “You have told me all that is wrong with my face many times, so don’t tell me now that I’m a ten”Him: “ Exactly! I see all that is wrong but still I give you a 10–you should be sucking my dick ”TL;DR husband won’t stop complaining about other peoples facial features and bodies. I’m getting very brain numbed over this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.