UPDATE: My [23F] boyfriend [25M] of 8 months feels indifferent towards our relationship. Is this the end, or is there still hope?

Link to earlier post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/chgk9a/my_23f_boyfriend_25m_of_8_months_feels/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Even though my earlier post only attracted the attention of about 5 people, I wanted to post an update anyway. I listened to what everyone had been saying and gave myself a cut-off date of about 2-3 weeks to see if things were getting better. However, as most of the commenters suggested would happen, they didn't. In fact, they got worse, since I was filled with so much anxiety in those 2-3 weeks, constantly wanting to know what would happen and filled with so much uncertainty in regards to where we stood.

In the end, we broke up, but on amicable terms. Even though he had been the one to initially suggest the idea, by the time the actual break up conversation came around, it felt mutual. He said that at the root of things, he felt like it was mostly just the long distance that made him feel the way he did, and he thinks that maybe if circumstances were to ever change and we were no longer long distance, we could try again. I agreed, but I don't plan on waiting for him and putting my life on hold for the idea.

We were best friends during the time that we dated, and we still talk regularly with equal effort on both parts, and so I'm hopeful that our transition from a couple to just friends would be a smooth one. Thanks everyone for the advice on my last post! :)

TLDR: We broke up, but we're still friends. Thanks for the advice, everyone!



Submitted September 10, 2019 at 12:05AM

Link to earlier post: https://ift.tt/34xGilH though my earlier post only attracted the attention of about 5 people, I wanted to post an update anyway. I listened to what everyone had been saying and gave myself a cut-off date of about 2-3 weeks to see if things were getting better. However, as most of the commenters suggested would happen, they didn't. In fact, they got worse, since I was filled with so much anxiety in those 2-3 weeks, constantly wanting to know what would happen and filled with so much uncertainty in regards to where we stood.In the end, we broke up, but on amicable terms. Even though he had been the one to initially suggest the idea, by the time the actual break up conversation came around, it felt mutual. He said that at the root of things, he felt like it was mostly just the long distance that made him feel the way he did, and he thinks that maybe if circumstances were to ever change and we were no longer long distance, we could try again. I agreed, but I don't plan on waiting for him and putting my life on hold for the idea.We were best friends during the time that we dated, and we still talk regularly with equal effort on both parts, and so I'm hopeful that our transition from a couple to just friends would be a smooth one. Thanks everyone for the advice on my last post! :)TLDR: We broke up, but we're still friends. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.