My (21) BF is going through life changes and keeps all emotions internal

We've been dating long distance for 8 months and now are back together in person and it's been a super rough adjustment. He has a really hard time expressing his emotions and internalizes everything. Even if he has a problem and I give him advice he can't seem to accept it until he comes to that conclusion on his own.

Right now he's on a full time job search and is stressed all the time and it's bringing me down bc idk how to help him and anything I say doesn't seem to affect him at all. I'm trying to be there for him and I can't seem to make him feel better so I feel like a horrible girlfriend but at the same time it's bringing me down because I feel inadequate, unimportant and it's making me not want to hang out with him.

How can I help him or at least get over feeling shitty because I can't and am getting frustrated?

TLDR: BF won't let me help him and that's bringing me down



Submitted September 09, 2019 at 11:47PM

We've been dating long distance for 8 months and now are back together in person and it's been a super rough adjustment. He has a really hard time expressing his emotions and internalizes everything. Even if he has a problem and I give him advice he can't seem to accept it until he comes to that conclusion on his own.Right now he's on a full time job search and is stressed all the time and it's bringing me down bc idk how to help him and anything I say doesn't seem to affect him at all. I'm trying to be there for him and I can't seem to make him feel better so I feel like a horrible girlfriend but at the same time it's bringing me down because I feel inadequate, unimportant and it's making me not want to hang out with him.How can I help him or at least get over feeling shitty because I can't and am getting frustrated?TLDR: BF won't let me help him and that's bringing me down

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.