Girl (24F) I (M30) haven't even gone out with yet already got mad at me for talking to another girl: a tale of early red flags.

TL;DR at the bottom

Hey guys & gals. I mainly want to get this off my chest and ask for your opinion on the situation.

So I work nights as security in a hotel and this girl - let's call her "Jenny" - is a receptionist, morning shift: when she arrives, I leave as I'm done with my own shift (11PM - 7AM).

We had been saying hello to each other every morning at work and I could see she was attracted to me. Sure enough, after a few weeks she got my FB contact from a colleague and initiated conversation.

From then on, she's been texting me everyday as soon as she wakes up, before she goes to sleep, and basically all day here and there.

We had never actually talked much in person because when my shift is over, at 7 AM, I'm pretty tired and try to leave ASAP, but she told me she was attracted to me, and she seemed alright from the FB chats we had. So we scheduled a casual "date" for the day after tomorrow.

Yesterday she comes into work about 30 minutes earlier than usual so, for the first time, we could actually be there and chat in person for a little while. She was not alone though, there was another girl, her colleague (20ish F), who had also arrived early.

So, "Jenny" greets me with a peck on the cheek and we joke around for a few minutes.

Everything seems fine... UNTIL...she goes into the back office to do something and I naturally start casual conversation with her colleague, who is new to the job and I did not get to know yet. Typical stuff: "which area of town are you from, blah blah..", you know, basic chit chat.

So after a minute or two, "Jenny" comes back into the room, storms in and starts giving me very obvious dirty, angry looks.

I already know what's going on but play it cool and crack a couple jokes and casual questions at her.

She gives me the " huh", "OK", "hmm" treatment, I still ignore her behavior and play it cool.

So the time finally comes and my shift is over: I go get changed, say bye to everyone and go home.

I wake up a few hours later to a text from her: "I hate you."

I immediately ask what she was angry about (keep in mind, I already knew and spotted the red flag but wanted to see if she at least would acknowledge it and, maybe, apologize).

Well... to make things even worse, she wouldn't acknowledge the issue, she wouldn't tell me what she was angry about and would keep trying to turn it on me saying I was being obsessive over nothing, and should get over it.

Now, I've already decided to cancel the supposed date for the day after tomorrow as overly controlling and manipulative people aren't allowed in my life anymore.

The question is: should I just cut contact? Should I try to politely tell her that I've lost interest? Am I perhaps overreacting?

Thanks for reading my wall of text!

TL;DR

Girl at work got my FB from a colleague and started texting me a lot, after a week or two of just texting we schedule a date, two days before said date she gets angry at me for talking to one of her female colleagues for a minute or two, then texts me she hates me and starts gaslighting me. I decide to cancel the date.



Submitted September 09, 2019 at 11:31PM

TL;DR at the bottomHey guys & gals. I mainly want to get this off my chest and ask for your opinion on the situation.So I work nights as security in a hotel and this girl - let's call her "Jenny" - is a receptionist, morning shift: when she arrives, I leave as I'm done with my own shift (11PM - 7AM).We had been saying hello to each other every morning at work and I could see she was attracted to me. Sure enough, after a few weeks she got my FB contact from a colleague and initiated conversation.From then on, she's been texting me everyday as soon as she wakes up, before she goes to sleep, and basically all day here and there.We had never actually talked much in person because when my shift is over, at 7 AM, I'm pretty tired and try to leave ASAP, but she told me she was attracted to me, and she seemed alright from the FB chats we had. So we scheduled a casual "date" for the day after tomorrow.Yesterday she comes into work about 30 minutes earlier than usual so, for the first time, we could actually be there and chat in person for a little while. She was not alone though, there was another girl, her colleague (20ish F), who had also arrived early.So, "Jenny" greets me with a peck on the cheek and we joke around for a few minutes.Everything seems fine... UNTIL...she goes into the back office to do something and I naturally start casual conversation with her colleague, who is new to the job and I did not get to know yet. Typical stuff: "which area of town are you from, blah blah..", you know, basic chit chat.So after a minute or two, "Jenny" comes back into the room, storms in and starts giving me very obvious dirty, angry looks.I already know what's going on but play it cool and crack a couple jokes and casual questions at her.She gives me the " huh", "OK", "hmm" treatment, I still ignore her behavior and play it cool.So the time finally comes and my shift is over: I go get changed, say bye to everyone and go home.I wake up a few hours later to a text from her: "I hate you."I immediately ask what she was angry about (keep in mind, I already knew and spotted the red flag but wanted to see if she at least would acknowledge it and, maybe, apologize).Well... to make things even worse, she wouldn't acknowledge the issue, she wouldn't tell me what she was angry about and would keep trying to turn it on me saying I was being obsessive over nothing, and should get over it.Now, I've already decided to cancel the supposed date for the day after tomorrow as overly controlling and manipulative people aren't allowed in my life anymore.The question is: should I just cut contact? Should I try to politely tell her that I've lost interest? Am I perhaps overreacting?Thanks for reading my wall of text!TL;DRGirl at work got my FB from a colleague and started texting me a lot, after a week or two of just texting we schedule a date, two days before said date she gets angry at me for talking to one of her female colleagues for a minute or two, then texts me she hates me and starts gaslighting me. I decide to cancel the date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.