How to keep a conversation going for hours?

Until 3 months ago i (18M) was very lonely and kind of anti-social, never really had too many friends and barely talked to people. That being said i was genuinely ok with that, there was no depression or anxiety and i accepted that i was like that. This changed when i was playing a game through Steam and after the match a profile with the photo of a girl (21F) sent me a friend request, i checked the profile thinking it was propably a fake, but for my surprise it wasn't.

Turns out whe live in the same city (30 to 35 mins away from each other but still), and being friendless like i was i got very attached to her, she invited me to her discord server and we became friends. Before meeting her i was kind of afraid of starting conversations with people and showing my face, this changed a bit because i now try to start conversations with her when she goes online on discord and even started sending some snapchats to her sometimes.

A few weeks after she met another guy (19M) who is much more social than me, and she started to spend much more time with him. Today i learned that yesterday she stayed up until 4 am texting with him, she said it was about live and everything, like for me its already hard to start conversations and keep them going so imagine talking like this for hours and hours. Still trying to figure out what they were talking about and how can i do the same thing.

I am trying to message her more throughtout the day but its kind of hard to do this without feeling repetitive. The thing about them talking until 4 am is what really bugged, any thoughts on that?

She is chill about receiving messages and even wants me to do it more.

TL;DR: My brain fails to see how can 2 people can keep talking through message until 4 AM about life and everything. How this happens and how to do it?



Submitted September 10, 2019 at 12:07AM

Until 3 months ago i (18M) was very lonely and kind of anti-social, never really had too many friends and barely talked to people. That being said i was genuinely ok with that, there was no depression or anxiety and i accepted that i was like that. This changed when i was playing a game through Steam and after the match a profile with the photo of a girl (21F) sent me a friend request, i checked the profile thinking it was propably a fake, but for my surprise it wasn't.Turns out whe live in the same city (30 to 35 mins away from each other but still), and being friendless like i was i got very attached to her, she invited me to her discord server and we became friends. Before meeting her i was kind of afraid of starting conversations with people and showing my face, this changed a bit because i now try to start conversations with her when she goes online on discord and even started sending some snapchats to her sometimes.A few weeks after she met another guy (19M) who is much more social than me, and she started to spend much more time with him. Today i learned that yesterday she stayed up until 4 am texting with him, she said it was about live and everything, like for me its already hard to start conversations and keep them going so imagine talking like this for hours and hours. Still trying to figure out what they were talking about and how can i do the same thing.I am trying to message her more throughtout the day but its kind of hard to do this without feeling repetitive. The thing about them talking until 4 am is what really bugged, any thoughts on that?She is chill about receiving messages and even wants me to do it more.​TL;DR: My brain fails to see how can 2 people can keep talking through message until 4 AM about life and everything. How this happens and how to do it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.