/u/lvanvic on Lost my best female friend

It hurts a little less each day, so don't worry about me. I'm not sure if I'm going to the wedding. I mean, I want to salvage the friendship we did have, whatever it takes, and I believe supporting him in this would mean a lot to him. The problem is, I have the feeling my friend doesn't exist anymore. He's changed so much. The more I interact with him, the more I'm convinced I have no place as a friend to this new version of him.

I didn't intend to hijack your story--I just wanted to offer mine to let you know you aren't the only person who's had this happen. I saw your story, and it brought me some comfort to know I wasn't the only one, and I wanted to offer the same.

Also, it seems like some people in the comments are trying to validate the other person's side, and that's totally fine and understandable, but whenever people have done that to me, it's made me feel worse. I'd feel abandoned AND guilty, like it was all my fault. I'm not sure if you're the same. If you are, don't feel guilty and don't feel bad for getting angry or sad, like I did. I think it hurt me in the long run.

And just as a side-note: to anyone who might hurt someone like my friend hurt me, remember to log out of your PayPal account on their computer. I still have access to his PayPal. He's so lucky I'm not vindictive. I know I should tell him. I would never use it, but it makes me laugh whenever I think about it, so I've just been keeping it my little secret.





April 24, 2019 at 05:22AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.