I thought I liked this guy I met online but after a few comments my mother made I started becoming paranoic I am not (?)

I met this guy online on Reddit last year in September but we started talking on a regular basis in December. I was going through an hard time because of depression, anxiety, personal issues and being heartbroken after another guy I met online broke the friendship we had.

This guy helped me a lot and gave me advice, we have the same sense of humor, have a lot of things in common etc so we clicked.

If I am correct about the idea I got he seems to be a very good guy but he is not very lucky with girls because of many reasons.

We live very far (I am from Italy and he goes to uni in Florida), but he has the possibility to travel often and I want to move from here anyway.

He really likes Italy and italian culture in general, he said since the beginning that he found me attractive, complimented my looks a lot etc

When he asked me if I liked him on Snapchat he admitted he had a crush on me and he still thinks I am cute but he is seeing a girl rn at his place.

The point is...for me crushes are quite intense and when I start liking someone I obsess a lot, I also (probably) have Maladaptive Daydreaming disorder so I tend to daydream for hours about myself etc

Initially I admit I did not find him very attractive and many people would not say he is a looker, he is Asian and quite short and I was not sure. When we started talking I was obsessed with the other dude so the crush was not immediate but it happened suddenly.

I noticed the obsession/limerence for the other guy started to fade, then I had a couple of nice dream about this guy and then BOOM I started daydreaming and thinking about him all the time.

Again, I am dramatic af so I make up scenarios in my head when I like someone. I really liked the idea of sex with him, hooking up etc and having a LTR. I am very lonely so during the day I focus on that a lot...

I would be interested in him but then my mom made some negative comments about him and his appearance and said something like ' you need to meet him irl because you can tell, what if it makes you throw up when you see him?'

I thought it was rude and kinda biased, but since then I am paranoic that I might not end up being into him irl / finding him physically attractive.

He sent me a pic today and I thought he was attractive because my perception of him changed, this might be just overthinking etc

I know he likes me btw, we would both kinda interested, I don't plan to live here where I am now for the rest of my life anyway and he might visit Italy one day.

Ps: I know I am supposed to meet people irl but 1. I don't have a social life rn for many reasons 2.I cannot wait to move so I don't see the point in looking for a LT boyfriend here, casual dating would be ok though.



Submitted April 24, 2019 at 02:41AM

I met this guy online on Reddit last year in September but we started talking on a regular basis in December. I was going through an hard time because of depression, anxiety, personal issues and being heartbroken after another guy I met online broke the friendship we had.This guy helped me a lot and gave me advice, we have the same sense of humor, have a lot of things in common etc so we clicked.If I am correct about the idea I got he seems to be a very good guy but he is not very lucky with girls because of many reasons.We live very far (I am from Italy and he goes to uni in Florida), but he has the possibility to travel often and I want to move from here anyway.He really likes Italy and italian culture in general, he said since the beginning that he found me attractive, complimented my looks a lot etcWhen he asked me if I liked him on Snapchat he admitted he had a crush on me and he still thinks I am cute but he is seeing a girl rn at his place.The point is...for me crushes are quite intense and when I start liking someone I obsess a lot, I also (probably) have Maladaptive Daydreaming disorder so I tend to daydream for hours about myself etcInitially I admit I did not find him very attractive and many people would not say he is a looker, he is Asian and quite short and I was not sure. When we started talking I was obsessed with the other dude so the crush was not immediate but it happened suddenly.I noticed the obsession/limerence for the other guy started to fade, then I had a couple of nice dream about this guy and then BOOM I started daydreaming and thinking about him all the time.Again, I am dramatic af so I make up scenarios in my head when I like someone. I really liked the idea of sex with him, hooking up etc and having a LTR. I am very lonely so during the day I focus on that a lot...I would be interested in him but then my mom made some negative comments about him and his appearance and said something like ' you need to meet him irl because you can tell, what if it makes you throw up when you see him?'I thought it was rude and kinda biased, but since then I am paranoic that I might not end up being into him irl / finding him physically attractive.He sent me a pic today and I thought he was attractive because my perception of him changed, this might be just overthinking etcI know he likes me btw, we would both kinda interested, I don't plan to live here where I am now for the rest of my life anyway and he might visit Italy one day.Ps: I know I am supposed to meet people irl but 1. I don't have a social life rn for many reasons 2.I cannot wait to move so I don't see the point in looking for a LT boyfriend here, casual dating would be ok though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.