Ok to ask for advice? When to disclose personal past things when talking /starting to date?

Basics, 25m, a person who used to abuse drugs that also led to some felony charges a long time ago, but will always be there, in recovery and secure enough in it now to feel okay with starting to attempt to date.

I may be 25 but I have literally been in one "longer" term relationship in my life and that was a disaster (more due to them than I, probably leading to why I didn't choose to go further on)

I also have bipolar disorder but am totally medication compliant and understand the importance of this.

I just don't want to "sign anyone up" for something they are unaware of, so I feel like getting all that out of the way early on could be good, but maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I don't even bring up the bipolar thing at first???

I just have no idea what's normal in dating these days or what I should do. My family is all much much older than me and can't help with this. The last time my sister was in the dating world was 1998 when she got married.



Submitted April 24, 2019 at 02:09AM

Basics, 25m, a person who used to abuse drugs that also led to some felony charges a long time ago, but will always be there, in recovery and secure enough in it now to feel okay with starting to attempt to date.I may be 25 but I have literally been in one "longer" term relationship in my life and that was a disaster (more due to them than I, probably leading to why I didn't choose to go further on)I also have bipolar disorder but am totally medication compliant and understand the importance of this.I just don't want to "sign anyone up" for something they are unaware of, so I feel like getting all that out of the way early on could be good, but maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I don't even bring up the bipolar thing at first???I just have no idea what's normal in dating these days or what I should do. My family is all much much older than me and can't help with this. The last time my sister was in the dating world was 1998 when she got married.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.