I (21M) am struggling with GF’s (21F) sexting another man

I lived about an hour from my girlfriend. We always talked about living together. About a month ago, she broke up with me out of nowhere and then took it back.

We tentatively started talking about moving in together again, and last night my girlfriend broke down and confessed that she had not been good to me. She told me that she started a conversation with someone she met here on reddit, which then moved to text and Snapchat.

I saw messages like “how’s your butt doing?” and “I want to finish to you”, and they were constantly in touch taking about other things. She said she was depressed and “just wanted a friend”, and that if she sent him the pictures that he might stop asking. She said this happened for a period of two weeks and then she stop sending the pictures, although they remained friends. Before this, she and I had no sex life to speak of, so I was floored by this.

She didn’t break it off until last night, when I gave her an ultimatum to choose either him or me. She took two hours to decide whether to send the message. She says she feels bad about what happened.

My issue is that she lied to me for two months and told me “you’re the only one for me. I promise.” Because in the back of my mind I knew there was something wrong and confronted her about it. Turns out I was right about everything. What do.

Tl;dr: girlfriend sexted another guy for two weeks, kept in touch for two months. She is repentant and begged me to stay, but I don’t know.



Submitted April 26, 2020 at 12:01AM

I lived about an hour from my girlfriend. We always talked about living together. About a month ago, she broke up with me out of nowhere and then took it back.We tentatively started talking about moving in together again, and last night my girlfriend broke down and confessed that she had not been good to me. She told me that she started a conversation with someone she met here on reddit, which then moved to text and Snapchat.I saw messages like “how’s your butt doing?” and “I want to finish to you”, and they were constantly in touch taking about other things. She said she was depressed and “just wanted a friend”, and that if she sent him the pictures that he might stop asking. She said this happened for a period of two weeks and then she stop sending the pictures, although they remained friends. Before this, she and I had no sex life to speak of, so I was floored by this.She didn’t break it off until last night, when I gave her an ultimatum to choose either him or me. She took two hours to decide whether to send the message. She says she feels bad about what happened.My issue is that she lied to me for two months and told me “you’re the only one for me. I promise.” Because in the back of my mind I knew there was something wrong and confronted her about it. Turns out I was right about everything. What do.Tl;dr: girlfriend sexted another guy for two weeks, kept in touch for two months. She is repentant and begged me to stay, but I don’t know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.