Any tips on dating?

I'm a little ashamed of even posting this but hey, here goes nothing.

So, I [19M] am not really "new" to dating per se, but I've never been good at it or felt comfortable doing it online. It has also been a long time since I did it regularly.

So firstly, which dating app is the best for serious releationahips, I absolutely despise tinder and have heard that it is mainly good for hookups, then there's badoo, which I use sometimes, and bumble, which is fine, but not very used in my area.

My main problems however, are 1. Creating an interesting profile, I am super insecure and nervous about my looks (take a look at my post history in r/toastme for example and you should see why) so I have never felt good about taking selfies, nor am I good at it

  1. The text part, the thing is that I don't think I am all that interesting, I have trouble to think what to put there to get people's attention

I don't even know what kind of advice I need, I guess my main problems have been in creating an interesting profile and then not getting discouraged when absolutely nothing happens

I kinda feel that dating online is not for me, but in this day and age, it seems like the only real choice if pure damn luck is not included.



Submitted March 04, 2020 at 10:19PM

I'm a little ashamed of even posting this but hey, here goes nothing.So, I [19M] am not really "new" to dating per se, but I've never been good at it or felt comfortable doing it online. It has also been a long time since I did it regularly.So firstly, which dating app is the best for serious releationahips, I absolutely despise tinder and have heard that it is mainly good for hookups, then there's badoo, which I use sometimes, and bumble, which is fine, but not very used in my area.My main problems however, are 1. Creating an interesting profile, I am super insecure and nervous about my looks (take a look at my post history in r/toastme for example and you should see why) so I have never felt good about taking selfies, nor am I good at itThe text part, the thing is that I don't think I am all that interesting, I have trouble to think what to put there to get people's attentionI don't even know what kind of advice I need, I guess my main problems have been in creating an interesting profile and then not getting discouraged when absolutely nothing happensI kinda feel that dating online is not for me, but in this day and age, it seems like the only real choice if pure damn luck is not included.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.