I [26f] want to stop being friends with someone [25f]

Long story short, I have bipolar amongst other things. This girl also does. But I have had it longer than she has and I am further in my recovery.

She’s been pretty thoughtless in the past (making fun of my room, looking at people’s phones etc) and I have been trying to keep my distance.

But a few days ago she sent me messages telling me to stop taking my meds. I understand where she is coming from, psych med issue is a lot more complicated than most people understand and there is a lack of research on them, and some people do honestly do better without them, and many people just swap their mental health symptoms for side effects which are just as bad. But at the same time, I also understand they help some people. Most fucked me around but the one I’m on is GOOD for me. I also am not close to her, and don’t think it’s appropriate to tell me to do something like that if you aren’t close.

I tried to be understanding, I said something like’hey I understand but I am happy,please don’t say this to me’ but she didn’t listen.

I unfriended her, and she kept messaging me. She said she was very unwell when she said that, we could meet up and talk. I told her I understood, but I do not want to talk.

She keeps messaging me, calling me etc, And I have been ignoring it.

But I feel bad because when I went to her profile I noticed she had hardly any friends left and I can empathise with being that unwell and I am so lucky that people didn’t abandon me when I was that I’ll.

TLDR: mentally ill person is not nice but I don’t want to abandon them



Submitted January 02, 2020 at 12:16AM

Long story short, I have bipolar amongst other things. This girl also does. But I have had it longer than she has and I am further in my recovery.She’s been pretty thoughtless in the past (making fun of my room, looking at people’s phones etc) and I have been trying to keep my distance.But a few days ago she sent me messages telling me to stop taking my meds. I understand where she is coming from, psych med issue is a lot more complicated than most people understand and there is a lack of research on them, and some people do honestly do better without them, and many people just swap their mental health symptoms for side effects which are just as bad. But at the same time, I also understand they help some people. Most fucked me around but the one I’m on is GOOD for me. I also am not close to her, and don’t think it’s appropriate to tell me to do something like that if you aren’t close.I tried to be understanding, I said something like’hey I understand but I am happy,please don’t say this to me’ but she didn’t listen.I unfriended her, and she kept messaging me. She said she was very unwell when she said that, we could meet up and talk. I told her I understood, but I do not want to talk.She keeps messaging me, calling me etc, And I have been ignoring it.But I feel bad because when I went to her profile I noticed she had hardly any friends left and I can empathise with being that unwell and I am so lucky that people didn’t abandon me when I was that I’ll.TLDR: mentally ill person is not nice but I don’t want to abandon them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.