Did I [21F] really need to ghost this guy [20M] that I have feelings for? Parents will disown me if I get together with him

Alright so this is kind of a doozy. I met this guy almost a month ago and we’ve been no contact for about 3 days.

I’ve been going through some severe mental health issues and have constantly been in conflict with the people in my life (parents/family mainly). I was able to turn to him for support and for fun times (watching stuff together) to take my mind off things. He just had a really nice way of talking and never judged me for anything.

He was so supportive and sweet towards me. I had never felt more loved and cared for until I met him. We hadn’t known each other for long, but he understood me and my mental illness and didn’t judge me like everyone else did.

He’s very cute, charming, well-liked and sweet. However, last week he threatened to kill himself if I didn’t start dating him (I’m not quite ready for another relationship yet). I was gonna ghost him when he did that, but I missed him too much to do that so we kept talking.

After this, he didn’t threaten suicide again, even though we didn’t get together. I felt that this was an improvement and that he could be trusted. Things were going really well for us until I told my mom about him.

I told my mom how much I liked him, but how the threat of suicide stressed me out too much. She told me that this is a clear sign of danger and that she and my dad would disown me if I started dating him. I know what they’re saying seems logical, but I just miss him so much. Honestly, I’m heartsick over him and I barely knew him. He just seemed like the one for me. What do I do?

TL;DR: met a guy last month who really understood me, but my parents will disown me if I date him cause he threatened suicide. What do I do? I miss him so much.



Submitted January 01, 2020 at 11:55PM

Alright so this is kind of a doozy. I met this guy almost a month ago and we’ve been no contact for about 3 days.I’ve been going through some severe mental health issues and have constantly been in conflict with the people in my life (parents/family mainly). I was able to turn to him for support and for fun times (watching stuff together) to take my mind off things. He just had a really nice way of talking and never judged me for anything.He was so supportive and sweet towards me. I had never felt more loved and cared for until I met him. We hadn’t known each other for long, but he understood me and my mental illness and didn’t judge me like everyone else did.He’s very cute, charming, well-liked and sweet. However, last week he threatened to kill himself if I didn’t start dating him (I’m not quite ready for another relationship yet). I was gonna ghost him when he did that, but I missed him too much to do that so we kept talking.After this, he didn’t threaten suicide again, even though we didn’t get together. I felt that this was an improvement and that he could be trusted. Things were going really well for us until I told my mom about him.I told my mom how much I liked him, but how the threat of suicide stressed me out too much. She told me that this is a clear sign of danger and that she and my dad would disown me if I started dating him. I know what they’re saying seems logical, but I just miss him so much. Honestly, I’m heartsick over him and I barely knew him. He just seemed like the one for me. What do I do?TL;DR: met a guy last month who really understood me, but my parents will disown me if I date him cause he threatened suicide. What do I do? I miss him so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.