I can’t work out why my [25M] girlfriend [26F] is hiding me from some of her friends

[Tl:dr - girlfriend seems to be hiding me from some of her friends, have had some hiccups over time but have let them go, don’t really understand why she’s hiding me...]

I’ll try to keep this short. We have been seeing each other since last October and I asked her out in January. There’s been some hiccups along the way which I’ll go into shorty (her texting/being flirty with guys over text, not telling family about me etc.) but I just wanted to get another opinion on what might be going on..

To summarise some of the hiccups:

  1. Went on first holiday together at the start of the year - found out she was talking to another guy in the days before it, got dick pics, told her friends and said she’d send a pic back (we were on a beach holiday at the time)

  2. We went away again a few months later and found she told her parents that she was away with one of her girlfriends

  3. I admittedly have snooped a little on her phone to see messages related to the above, and did see her flirting a little with a couple of other guys within the last two months. I called her out on it and said I wanted to take a break to work out what I wanted to do.

We didn’t talk for about a week, then when we talked about it she wasn’t opening up, so I referenced little snips of the messages I saw (one of the guys was saved as a random couple of letters in her phone and she claimed it was a nickname).. she told me she really loved me and wanted to be with me, that she would never two time etc etc and these guys were not anyone she’s had a relationship with or anything like that.. I told her I wanted to see the messages but she said that was unfair on her.. We ended up getting back together

  1. Recently I had flowers delivered to her office - she told her friends they were from another guy (one I had seen flirty messages to a few months ago), her friends reactions were negative, got the impression they don’t like the guy - but I just don’t understand why she would lie to them?

Really I just want to know why she might tell her friends all different things. We’re going on a couple of double dates with her girlfriends soon too so it’s almost like she’s telling her friends different things about me/us, or nothing at all.

Would appreciate any advice on why she might not tell her friends about me after being together so long? And why she might act how she has in general? Any advice appreciated!



Submitted August 04, 2019 at 11:53PM

[Tl:dr - girlfriend seems to be hiding me from some of her friends, have had some hiccups over time but have let them go, don’t really understand why she’s hiding me...]I’ll try to keep this short. We have been seeing each other since last October and I asked her out in January. There’s been some hiccups along the way which I’ll go into shorty (her texting/being flirty with guys over text, not telling family about me etc.) but I just wanted to get another opinion on what might be going on..To summarise some of the hiccups:Went on first holiday together at the start of the year - found out she was talking to another guy in the days before it, got dick pics, told her friends and said she’d send a pic back (we were on a beach holiday at the time)We went away again a few months later and found she told her parents that she was away with one of her girlfriendsI admittedly have snooped a little on her phone to see messages related to the above, and did see her flirting a little with a couple of other guys within the last two months. I called her out on it and said I wanted to take a break to work out what I wanted to do.We didn’t talk for about a week, then when we talked about it she wasn’t opening up, so I referenced little snips of the messages I saw (one of the guys was saved as a random couple of letters in her phone and she claimed it was a nickname).. she told me she really loved me and wanted to be with me, that she would never two time etc etc and these guys were not anyone she’s had a relationship with or anything like that.. I told her I wanted to see the messages but she said that was unfair on her.. We ended up getting back togetherRecently I had flowers delivered to her office - she told her friends they were from another guy (one I had seen flirty messages to a few months ago), her friends reactions were negative, got the impression they don’t like the guy - but I just don’t understand why she would lie to them?Really I just want to know why she might tell her friends all different things. We’re going on a couple of double dates with her girlfriends soon too so it’s almost like she’s telling her friends different things about me/us, or nothing at all.Would appreciate any advice on why she might not tell her friends about me after being together so long? And why she might act how she has in general? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.