I (M 17) need some advice on how to cope with girlfriend (16) and her ex (18) hanging out while on holiday.

My girlfriend (let's call her Freya) has just gone on a cruise. Her ex-boyfriend (let's call him Sam) also happens to be on the same cruise.

Freya and Sam dated for a while after meeting on a previous cruise (NOTE it was a long distance relationship). They both planned out the this summer's cruise together. Sam has a strange view on relationships believing that "sex is needed for a good healthy relationship" and according to Freya has said that next time they meet Sam would have condoms. (NOTE Freya was not happy with this)

Their relationship ended after an argument I believe. Sam then managed to get onto Freya's social media accounts (Snapchat, Instagram and a few others) and locked her out of them.

Freya since has been scared of Sam and before the cruise was in tears about the possibility of meeting him again. After convincing her that talking to him may solve her issues, Freya seemed to be a lot calmer about the cruise. Freya and Sam agreed that if they saw each other they would pretend not to know each other and wouldn't speak.

Yesterday (27/07/19) was the first day of the cruise. I asked how she was finding the cruise so far and she's enjoying it and said that she's hanging out with Sam in her room.

I trust my girlfriend to not do anything stupid but I can't help but think. I know I'm the problem here. I've tried talking to her but I've been told the cruise WiFi is terrible. I just need a few wise words for someone :).

TL;DR girlfriend finds herself on cruise with ex-boyfriend and they start hanging out. Just want a hand with things



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 11:13PM

My girlfriend (let's call her Freya) has just gone on a cruise. Her ex-boyfriend (let's call him Sam) also happens to be on the same cruise.Freya and Sam dated for a while after meeting on a previous cruise (NOTE it was a long distance relationship). They both planned out the this summer's cruise together. Sam has a strange view on relationships believing that "sex is needed for a good healthy relationship" and according to Freya has said that next time they meet Sam would have condoms. (NOTE Freya was not happy with this)Their relationship ended after an argument I believe. Sam then managed to get onto Freya's social media accounts (Snapchat, Instagram and a few others) and locked her out of them.Freya since has been scared of Sam and before the cruise was in tears about the possibility of meeting him again. After convincing her that talking to him may solve her issues, Freya seemed to be a lot calmer about the cruise. Freya and Sam agreed that if they saw each other they would pretend not to know each other and wouldn't speak.Yesterday (27/07/19) was the first day of the cruise. I asked how she was finding the cruise so far and she's enjoying it and said that she's hanging out with Sam in her room.I trust my girlfriend to not do anything stupid but I can't help but think. I know I'm the problem here. I've tried talking to her but I've been told the cruise WiFi is terrible. I just need a few wise words for someone :).TL;DR girlfriend finds herself on cruise with ex-boyfriend and they start hanging out. Just want a hand with things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.