I (19M) am moving to another country and won't be seeing my girlfriend (19F) for a whole year

I've been dating this girl for three months and since the beggining of our relationship she knows I'll be moving to another country soon (in the middle of August, to be specific). I'll be living in England for a year as an exchange student, and as the days pass I'm feeling more and more anxious about it, as well as herself.

We're almost 100% certain that we'll still be in a relationship while I'm gone, but this will be a huge change since we see each other almost every day in college. We really want it to work out, but both of us have had 0 experience with long distance relationships and have only been dating for a short while now.

Do you guys think this could work? Do you have any advice?

TL;DR: I'm moving to another country for a year and being insecure about starting a long distance relationship.



Submitted July 28, 2019 at 12:08AM

I've been dating this girl for three months and since the beggining of our relationship she knows I'll be moving to another country soon (in the middle of August, to be specific). I'll be living in England for a year as an exchange student, and as the days pass I'm feeling more and more anxious about it, as well as herself.We're almost 100% certain that we'll still be in a relationship while I'm gone, but this will be a huge change since we see each other almost every day in college. We really want it to work out, but both of us have had 0 experience with long distance relationships and have only been dating for a short while now.Do you guys think this could work? Do you have any advice?TL;DR: I'm moving to another country for a year and being insecure about starting a long distance relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.