Am I just being kept around as the back up choice (22 M) for my Ex (21 F)?

I will try to keep this as short as I can, but I also would like to get all the vital details about my situation.

So my ex and I have sort of been on and off for about the past 5 or so years. We were I guess, high school sweethearts, tried long distance in college but it didn't work.

At the time she said she couldn't do long distance, then proceeded to do even longer distance with an ex of hers. Over the past five years, when she's not in a relationship; she constantly leads me on until she gets bored, hits on my friends (actively tried to sleep with two of them and sent them nude pictures), or goes crawling back to a different ex.

She recently came back into my life after another break up (as she always does) with the claim that she's a different person, things have changed, for the first time actually apologized for everything she did, and then told me that she wants me back.

See, I had transferred to a different college, in part to get away from her, also because it's a way better school, and we haven't really talked much over the past two years.

She has this claim that she was scared to give me a second chance and that now she's not anymore. Am I crazy for thinking I'm just her safety net? Because ignoring the part where she always leads me on, she ALWAYS comes back around when something doesn't work out with some other guy.

Her other exes have gotten endless chances, and I never even got the second one. Which I've since made peace with a long time ago. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, her life hasn't really panned out, and mine has gotten quite well since moving away from home. So because of this, and the previous information, I feel like she's just trying to keep me around as her back up. Am I wrong for thinking this? We're actually decent as friends, and I miss that, but am I better off never speaking to her again?

tl;dr

I think my ex is keeping me around as a safety net, yet for some reason I feel bad for her and want to believe she's different.



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 11:24PM

I will try to keep this as short as I can, but I also would like to get all the vital details about my situation.So my ex and I have sort of been on and off for about the past 5 or so years. We were I guess, high school sweethearts, tried long distance in college but it didn't work.At the time she said she couldn't do long distance, then proceeded to do even longer distance with an ex of hers. Over the past five years, when she's not in a relationship; she constantly leads me on until she gets bored, hits on my friends (actively tried to sleep with two of them and sent them nude pictures), or goes crawling back to a different ex.She recently came back into my life after another break up (as she always does) with the claim that she's a different person, things have changed, for the first time actually apologized for everything she did, and then told me that she wants me back.See, I had transferred to a different college, in part to get away from her, also because it's a way better school, and we haven't really talked much over the past two years.She has this claim that she was scared to give me a second chance and that now she's not anymore. Am I crazy for thinking I'm just her safety net? Because ignoring the part where she always leads me on, she ALWAYS comes back around when something doesn't work out with some other guy.Her other exes have gotten endless chances, and I never even got the second one. Which I've since made peace with a long time ago. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, her life hasn't really panned out, and mine has gotten quite well since moving away from home. So because of this, and the previous information, I feel like she's just trying to keep me around as her back up. Am I wrong for thinking this? We're actually decent as friends, and I miss that, but am I better off never speaking to her again?tl;drI think my ex is keeping me around as a safety net, yet for some reason I feel bad for her and want to believe she's different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.