Best friend [F21] has been ignoring me [F21]for two days. I love her but she acts like a child sometimes.

So I [F21] have been living abroad for over a year now and i am currently visiting my hometown for 3 weeks.

I’ve been best friends with Lisa [F21] and George [M21] since HS and they are mainly my only friends in my hometown. I have a solid group of friends in my college town but not home.

Saturday I was supposed to go to a bar with Lisa and George and we usually meet up in my house since I live downtown very close to the bars.

We were supposed to meet up at 8.30 and by 7 two family members i hadn’t seen in forever came by surprise to see me and wanted to take me out for dinner.

Lisa texted me at 7.30 and told me she wouldn’t be able to make it until 9 because she had just gotten home from seeing her grandparents.

I texted her that it was perfect because I was going to go have dinner with my family members and that i’d meet them at the bar instead of my house when I got back.

She texted me “Are you fucking kidding me”

I didn’t have any phone service until I got home from dinner at 9.30 and George told me Lisa isn’t going but he’s coming to my house now.

I texted Lisa and she was giving me super short answers. She basically said to talk to George because she wasn’t going.

I didn’t think she would get angry, it’s not like I canceled or did something wrong.

Sunday I text her to go out for lunch and she doesn’t respond all day so after 6 hours i texted her “ignoring me I see” which is something we both do when the other is ignoring us or taking a long time. She didn’t respond but she’s been getting online and posting on fb and whatsapp. So she saw it.

Honestly, she does this a few times a year. She will get angry over the pettiest things and I don’t know how to react. We are adults and canceling plans is normal even though that’s now what I did, but she’s canceled plans with me a few times and I just accept it as it is.

Also, we saw her brother at the bar and I smiled to him but didn’t say hi since i hadn’t seen him a bunch of times before or being introduced to him and didn’t want to be weird, i don’t know if her brother told her I didn’t properly say hi and that upset her, honestly with her you never know.

It makes me sad because she’s one of my only friends in my hometown and I hadn’t seen her in forever so I just wanted to have a good time with her. Am i wrong for changing plans with her saturday? tl;dr; Told friend to meet up somewhere else instead of my house because family memebers showed up by surprise. She wont talk to me and i’m getting tired of she being so petty.



Submitted July 29, 2019 at 11:54PM

So I [F21] have been living abroad for over a year now and i am currently visiting my hometown for 3 weeks.I’ve been best friends with Lisa [F21] and George [M21] since HS and they are mainly my only friends in my hometown. I have a solid group of friends in my college town but not home.Saturday I was supposed to go to a bar with Lisa and George and we usually meet up in my house since I live downtown very close to the bars.We were supposed to meet up at 8.30 and by 7 two family members i hadn’t seen in forever came by surprise to see me and wanted to take me out for dinner.Lisa texted me at 7.30 and told me she wouldn’t be able to make it until 9 because she had just gotten home from seeing her grandparents.I texted her that it was perfect because I was going to go have dinner with my family members and that i’d meet them at the bar instead of my house when I got back.She texted me “Are you fucking kidding me”I didn’t have any phone service until I got home from dinner at 9.30 and George told me Lisa isn’t going but he’s coming to my house now.I texted Lisa and she was giving me super short answers. She basically said to talk to George because she wasn’t going.I didn’t think she would get angry, it’s not like I canceled or did something wrong.Sunday I text her to go out for lunch and she doesn’t respond all day so after 6 hours i texted her “ignoring me I see” which is something we both do when the other is ignoring us or taking a long time. She didn’t respond but she’s been getting online and posting on fb and whatsapp. So she saw it.Honestly, she does this a few times a year. She will get angry over the pettiest things and I don’t know how to react. We are adults and canceling plans is normal even though that’s now what I did, but she’s canceled plans with me a few times and I just accept it as it is.Also, we saw her brother at the bar and I smiled to him but didn’t say hi since i hadn’t seen him a bunch of times before or being introduced to him and didn’t want to be weird, i don’t know if her brother told her I didn’t properly say hi and that upset her, honestly with her you never know.It makes me sad because she’s one of my only friends in my hometown and I hadn’t seen her in forever so I just wanted to have a good time with her. Am i wrong for changing plans with her saturday? tl;dr; Told friend to meet up somewhere else instead of my house because family memebers showed up by surprise. She wont talk to me and i’m getting tired of she being so petty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.