I (27f) have been dating someone (29m) nearly two months, and his older brother just died a few hours ago. How much support is too much?

He shared with me previously the closeness of his relationship with his older brother and the impact he had had on the person he was today, he also shared that he didn’t think his brother would live past this year due to health concerns.

Today, he cancelled our plans letting me know his brother had been taken to the hospital because of issues with his heart murmur, a little while ago he texted me letting me know that he had passed away.

Things have been going really well between us and I want to be a good friend at the very least but don’t want to come off as pushy. I can’t imagine the pain he must be feeling.

What level of support is acceptable for the length of time we have been dating? Ive already offered my ear and condolences but I was thinking of dropping off some flowers and some ready made food, enough for the next couple days. Is that too much?



Submitted April 22, 2019 at 02:11AM

He shared with me previously the closeness of his relationship with his older brother and the impact he had had on the person he was today, he also shared that he didn’t think his brother would live past this year due to health concerns.Today, he cancelled our plans letting me know his brother had been taken to the hospital because of issues with his heart murmur, a little while ago he texted me letting me know that he had passed away.Things have been going really well between us and I want to be a good friend at the very least but don’t want to come off as pushy. I can’t imagine the pain he must be feeling.What level of support is acceptable for the length of time we have been dating? Ive already offered my ear and condolences but I was thinking of dropping off some flowers and some ready made food, enough for the next couple days. Is that too much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.