Birth control fucks my libido. Is there any other way to ‘get in the mood’? [19 F]

So, I need to take birth control to curb the symptoms of PCOS. It works for that, but my only gripe is that it absolutely fucking destroys my sex drive, except for the week that I’m on my period. Then I’m just a dick fiend.

And while I know period sex is a thing, I find it kinda gross / more labor intensive / generally annoying and don’t want to do it often.

The other three weeks of the month I’m really just disgusted thinking about sex. My partner will try to say some things that would usually turn me on and my brain will just go “Eww, no.” for some reason and I get even more turned off.

And it’s like, I want to have sex, because I know it’s fun, and my partner wants it. But I’m not .. horny, I guess? I’m not thinking “wow, I’d really like some dick right now.”

My partner understands my issue and never really pressures me too much or anything on my off weeks, but I feel bad. We both had pretty high libidos and now mine just kinda flopped and he’s stuck. I’m sick of being relegated to period sex.

Sometimes I’ll skip an extra couple days to a week of pills after my period every couple of months to kinda.. stay horny, I guess, so I can pig out on sex for a bit before going back to being a healthy human being lol. but I feel like this isn’t good for the long term.

Anyway, does anyone else experience what I’m dealing with? What are your solutions? Or if you have any advice at all it would be appreciated. I feel like I need to change my mindset about this but I’m not sure how. Thank you!



Submitted April 16, 2019 at 07:08AM

So, I need to take birth control to curb the symptoms of PCOS. It works for that, but my only gripe is that it absolutely fucking destroys my sex drive, except for the week that I’m on my period. Then I’m just a dick fiend.And while I know period sex is a thing, I find it kinda gross / more labor intensive / generally annoying and don’t want to do it often.The other three weeks of the month I’m really just disgusted thinking about sex. My partner will try to say some things that would usually turn me on and my brain will just go “Eww, no.” for some reason and I get even more turned off.And it’s like, I want to have sex, because I know it’s fun, and my partner wants it. But I’m not .. horny, I guess? I’m not thinking “wow, I’d really like some dick right now.”My partner understands my issue and never really pressures me too much or anything on my off weeks, but I feel bad. We both had pretty high libidos and now mine just kinda flopped and he’s stuck. I’m sick of being relegated to period sex.Sometimes I’ll skip an extra couple days to a week of pills after my period every couple of months to kinda.. stay horny, I guess, so I can pig out on sex for a bit before going back to being a healthy human being lol. but I feel like this isn’t good for the long term.Anyway, does anyone else experience what I’m dealing with? What are your solutions? Or if you have any advice at all it would be appreciated. I feel like I need to change my mindset about this but I’m not sure how. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.