The guy I’ve been talking to has coronavirus and it’s a huge turn off for me. Should I keep talking to him?

So I matched with this guy on a dating app and found out he worked in the medical field. We were chatting for a few days and everything was going great, but then he got coronavirus.

He told me he was the first one in his hospital to get it, so he had to be out of the work for a couple of weeks. He also told me he had asthma, so I was really worried about him, his health and his safety.

Well we’ve been FaceTiming and he seems like he’s okay, but sometimes he’ll send me pictures of him outside or with his roommate and he’s not wearing a mask. You would think someone that’s in the medical field would know the necessary precautions to avoid spreading the virus, but he said that his symptoms aren’t that bad and he hasn’t been coughing so he doesn’t need to wear a mask. He even went to the beach the other day..

That’s just turned me off.. and then it made me think. He was probably the first one to get the virus in his hospital because he was being careless and wasn’t following all of the guidelines to properly disinfect himself.

He’s also been asking me to hang out with him, but I’m scared he could possibly give it to me even if he hasn’t had symptoms in 2 weeks. I’m not sure how it exactly works, but I’m also scared when he goes back to work, he could have coronavirus on him and possibly spread it to me as well.

I don’t know what to do.. he seems like a nice guy, but just seems a bit careless. Am I being paranoid or are these valid feelings to have?

TDLR; Guy I met on dating app got coronavirus and didn’t quarantine himself. Went out in public multiple times without a mask. Should I keep talking to him?



Submitted April 26, 2020 at 11:45PM

So I matched with this guy on a dating app and found out he worked in the medical field. We were chatting for a few days and everything was going great, but then he got coronavirus.He told me he was the first one in his hospital to get it, so he had to be out of the work for a couple of weeks. He also told me he had asthma, so I was really worried about him, his health and his safety.Well we’ve been FaceTiming and he seems like he’s okay, but sometimes he’ll send me pictures of him outside or with his roommate and he’s not wearing a mask. You would think someone that’s in the medical field would know the necessary precautions to avoid spreading the virus, but he said that his symptoms aren’t that bad and he hasn’t been coughing so he doesn’t need to wear a mask. He even went to the beach the other day..That’s just turned me off.. and then it made me think. He was probably the first one to get the virus in his hospital because he was being careless and wasn’t following all of the guidelines to properly disinfect himself.He’s also been asking me to hang out with him, but I’m scared he could possibly give it to me even if he hasn’t had symptoms in 2 weeks. I’m not sure how it exactly works, but I’m also scared when he goes back to work, he could have coronavirus on him and possibly spread it to me as well.I don’t know what to do.. he seems like a nice guy, but just seems a bit careless. Am I being paranoid or are these valid feelings to have?TDLR; Guy I met on dating app got coronavirus and didn’t quarantine himself. Went out in public multiple times without a mask. Should I keep talking to him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.