Boyfriend (26m) swears he tells me (22f) things but he doesn't, and it's causing problems because he thinks I'm ignoring him.

This has become a regular problem in our relationship and I know I'm not going crazy. I have always been one to listen and I enjoy conversation.

Recently, he will say something or be talking and relate to something else, and I'll be like "what are you talking about" and he gets mad saying he already told me.

One example is that he had a patient that he brought back that almost died. That's not a super normal occurrence and that is something I think I'd remember if he told me. And he swears up and down he told me but I honestly, don't think he did.

This happens a lot. He gets so angry that if I question any part of what he's saying, he will stop and refuse to tell me the rest of what he was saying, which makes me upset because I like to hear about work or his day, especially since I am stuck at home. I think it's unfair for him to act this way even if I did forget.

I don't know if he's just super stressed as he's in the medical field and it's really hard right now. Or if he remembers telling the story to someone and thinks he told me, but I feel like there is no win to this situation. What do I do?

Tldr: read title.



Submitted April 27, 2020 at 12:10AM

This has become a regular problem in our relationship and I know I'm not going crazy. I have always been one to listen and I enjoy conversation.Recently, he will say something or be talking and relate to something else, and I'll be like "what are you talking about" and he gets mad saying he already told me.One example is that he had a patient that he brought back that almost died. That's not a super normal occurrence and that is something I think I'd remember if he told me. And he swears up and down he told me but I honestly, don't think he did.This happens a lot. He gets so angry that if I question any part of what he's saying, he will stop and refuse to tell me the rest of what he was saying, which makes me upset because I like to hear about work or his day, especially since I am stuck at home. I think it's unfair for him to act this way even if I did forget.I don't know if he's just super stressed as he's in the medical field and it's really hard right now. Or if he remembers telling the story to someone and thinks he told me, but I feel like there is no win to this situation. What do I do?Tldr: read title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.